Manager of Public Programs – Philadelphia, PA
Organization: The Schuylkill Center for Environmental Education
Position Title: Manager of Public Programs
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Hours & Compensation: Full-time. Salaried position.
Position Dates: Start July 2013.
Application Deadline: June 10, 2013.
Posted On: May 15, 2013.
The Schuylkill Center for Environmental Education inspires meaningful conections between people and nature. We use our forests and fields as a living laboratory to foster appreciation, deepen understanding, and encourage stewardship of the environment.
The Schuylkill Center for Environmental Education, a leading environmental education provider for the Philadelphia region, seeks a passionate and energetic naturalist/educator to guide the growth adn development of the Center’s public programs.
- Staff our after school program (app. 2 days/week), school break camps and day-off camps.
- Staff public programs as needed, including evenings, weekends, and some overnights.
Program Coordination & Administration (60%):
- Manage and coordinate the Center’s public programs, including seasonal festivals, summer and day-off camps, and Saturday, after school, adult, and health and wellness programs.
- Oversee the full-time and part-time educators for these programs, including hiring, training, scheduling, evaluating, etc.
- Evaluate the Center’s public programs, designing and developing new ones as the department decides.
- Facilitate the inter-department public programs work group.
- Lead staff and volunteer training sessions as requested.
- Assist the Director of Education in creating and managing budgets for these program areas.
- Assist in writing and evaluating grants as needed and requested.
- A Bachelor’s degree in biology, natural resources, education, environmental/science education, outdoor education, or related fields; Master’s degree preferred.
- At least three years environmental education experience and two years management experience with comparable programming for a similar education institution.
- Strong grounding in the content of natural science and environmental education. Experience in program evaluation is desirable.
- Demonstrated ability in communication and teamwork.
How to Apply:
Submit cover letter and resume with contact information for three references to gail Farmer, Director of Education, 8480 Hagy’s Mill Road, Philadelphia, PA 19128; email@example.com; email preferred; no phone calls please.
Schuylkill Center, http://www.schuylkillcenter.org
8480 Hagy’s Mill Road, Philadelphia, PA 19128