Transport Research Intern – Washington, D.C.
Organization: Institute for Transportation & Development Policy
Position Title: Transport Research Intern
Location: Washington, D.C.
Hours & Compensation: 20 hours/week, flexible schedule. Stipend available.
Position Dates: At least two month commitment.
Application Deadline: June 7, 2013.
Posted On: May 21, 2013.
The Institute for Transportation & Development Policy (ITDP) is a not-for-profit organization based in New York City with offices in Mexico City, Rio de Janeiro, Guangzhou, Chennai, Jakarta, Buenos Aires, and Washington, D.C. ITDP works to promote environmentally sustainable and socially equitable transportation policies and projects around the world, with an emphasis on developing countries. ITDP’s programs focus on bus rapid transit, cycling and walking, travel demand management, parking, and urban revitalization. More information about ITDP can be found at http://www.itdp.org.
ITDP is seeking a Transport Research Intern to work in our Washington, D.C. office within the Policy group on a variety of projects. The intern will report to the Transport Research and Evaluation Manager, and will work with staff across all offices.
- Assist with data collection and compilation for Bike Share Planning Guide: 1) Collect data on existing bike share systems to develop performance indicators; 2) Develop contacts at biek share operators
- Compile data on existing bus rapid transit systems, transit oriented developments, and bicycle networks across the globe
- Organize data for easy distribution and updating
- Draft reports and memoranda summarizing research findings
- Conduct other research on sustainable transport best practices and policies worldwide
- Other duties as assigned
- Current undergraduate or graduate student or recent college grad with interest or expeirence in international development or sustainable transportation
- Experience working in a fast-paced office and ability to multi-task
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Strong internet research skills
- Must be organized and detail-oriented
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Adobe Illustrator and GIS skills a plus
How to Apply:
Please send a resume, cover letter, and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org with Transport Research Intern in the subject line.
Institute for Transportation and Development, http://www.itdp.org
1210 18th Street NW, Washington, DC 20036