Project Assistant – Silver Spring, MD
Organization: Communities for Transit
Position Title: Project Assistant
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Hours & Compensation: Full-time. $27,000 – $30,000.
Application Deadline: June 17, 2013.
Posted On: June 4, 2013.
Communities for Transit (CFT) is a newly formed non-profit organization dedicated to public education to cultivate and haness enthusiasm for transit and smart growth to build support for a planned rapid transit network in Montgomery County, Maryland. CFT will employ a range of strategies to catalyze support for making Montgomery County a national leader in using transit systems to transform “urbanizing” suburbs from congested, auto-centric neighborhoods into more environmentally and financially sustainble communities.
Communities for Transit is seeking a full-time project assistant to help the organization’s executive director and program director implement projects to advance the organization’s public education and organizational development goals.
- Build and maintain CFT’s contact databases
- Develop content for CFT’s blog, fact sheets, and social media accounts
- Catalog research and media regarding existing transit systems around the world
- Assist in new research projects relating to the proposed rapid transit network
- Create public education materials that are responsive to a wide variety of audiences and concerns
- Organize logistics and outreach around CFT’s public education events and community discussions
- Administer office and organizational functions as needed on a day-to-day basis
- Implement fundraising projects to sustain CFT’s efforts into the future
- Passion for transit, smart growth, planning, and/or environmental issues strongly preferred.
- Excellent computer skills and experience with mass email communications, social media, and/or web development
- Ability to self-start and work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Fast learner with attention to detail and ability to turn-around projects on quick timelines
- Strong writing and interpersonal skills.
- Comfort with public speaking
- Demonstrated comfort conducting public education campaigns, particularly for diverse communities, including youths, renters, immigrants, businesses, environmentalists, etc.
- Experience working in a 501(c)(3) non-profit environment or other community-facing organization preferred.
How to Apply: Please send a resume, cover letter, and references to email@example.com.
8630 Fenton Street, Suite 500, Silver Spring, MD 20910