Program Director – Silver Spring, MD
Organization: Communities for Transit
Position Title: Program Director
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Hours & Compensation: Full-time. $37,000 – $42.000,
Position Dates: 12-month position, with potential for extension into the future based on funding
Application Deadline: June 17, 2013.
Posted On: June 4, 2013.
Communities for Transit (CFT) is a newly formed non-profit organization dedicated to public education to cultivate and haness enthusiasm for transit and smart growth to build support for a planned rapid transit network in Montgomery County, Maryland. CFT will employ a range of strategies to catalyze support for making Montgomery County a national leader in using transit systems to transform “urbanizing” suburbs from congested, auto-centric neighborhoods into more environmentally and financially sustainble communities.
Communities for Transit is seeking a full-time program director to help manage and implement the core public education priorities of the organization, and also to develop the identity and infrastructure for CFT.
- Work with web development, media and design consultants to develop high-impact simulations of the proposed transit network
- Build a program of public education events and community discussions around transit-related issues
- Conduct outreach to stakeholders and communities impacted by the transit plan
- Draft and design fact sheets, brochures, and other educational materials
- Establish and maintain regular communications with journalists, opinion leaders, blogs, and other news outlets
- Facilitate formation of a diverse coalition of local organizations that support high-wuality transit systems
- Help manage office and organizational functions ranging from fundraising activities, intern supervision, a nd more
- Develop and maintain website and social media strategy for CFT
- Devise and implement a fundraising plan to sustain CFT’s efforts into the future
- Passion for transit, smart growth, planning, and/or environmental issues strongly preferred.
- Prior experience at a public advocacy, non-profit, or policy organization, especially in a field related to CFT’s mission
- Project management experience, with demonstrated organizational abilities and attention to detail
- Ability to self-start and work independently in a fast-paced environment, including comfort with tracking multiple complex projects simultaneously
- Solid work history involving public speaking, writing and interpersonal skills
- Experience conducting public education campaigns, particularly for diverse communities, including youths, renters, immigrants, businesses, environmentalist, etc.
- Excellent computer skills: Familiarity with mass email communications, social media, and webdevelopment preferred. Experience with graphic design, CRM, video editing, and blogging software a plus.
How to Apply: Please send a resume, cover letter, and references to email@example.com.
8630 Fenton Street, Suite 500, Silver Spring, MD 20910