Environmental Interpretation Internship – Laurel, MD
Organization: U.S. FIsh and Wildlife Service, Patuxent Research Refuge
Position Title: Environmental Interpretation Intern
Location: Laurel, MD
Hours & Compensation: Full-time. $195/week with dormitory housing available.
Position Dates: August 23 – November 22, 2013.
Application Deadline: July 5, 2013.
Posted On: June 4, 2013.
Patuxent Research Refuge is one of over 540 refuges in the National Wildlife Refuge System administered by the U.S> Fish and Wildlife Service.
- Provide quality educational experiences for all visitors to the National Wildlife Visitor Center and Patuxent Research Refuge through developing and conducting interpretive and educational programs for all ages, leading interpretive tram tours focusing on wildlife management and research, working with Scout groups, and assisting with all operations of a visitor center.
- Work schedule will include weekends (two days off during week), and some holidays.
- Must have well-developed communication skills and leadership ability
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience working with children and adults preferred
- Bachelor’s degree (or pursuing) in education, natural resources, or realted field deisred.
- Driver’s license necessary.
How to Apply:
Send letter of interest, resume, and list of 3 references with phone numbers or email addresses.
Amy Shoop, Patuxent Research Refuge, 10901 Scarlet Tanager Loop, Laurel, MD 20708-4027 or Amy_Shoop@fws.gov.