Director of Global Programs (Land Tenure Specialist) – WAshington, D.C.
Organization: Rights and Resources Initiative
Position Title: Director of Global Programs, Land Tenure Specialist
Location: Washington, D.C.
Application Deadline: None posted.
Posted On: June 7, 2013.
RRI is the world’s leading network of organizations working towards forest tenure and market reforms in favor of rural communities and indigenous peoples. Our goals are to substantially increase the forest area under local ownership and administration, with secure rights to conserve, use and trade products and services, and to dramatically reduce poverty in the forested areas of the world. To achieve our mission we respond to and support strategic actors in 18 countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America, and foster greater commitment to land and forest reforms by governments, international organizations, and private sector investors.
The Global Programs unit is responsible for delivering and communicating high-quality analysis on land and forest tenure, and its relationship with climate change, social and economic development, investment, conservation and small-scale enterprises, convening strategic actors to advance land and forest tenure reforms, and catalyzing new initiatives to advance solutions to the land tenure crisis.
The Rights and Resources Group, secretariat of the international coalition Rights and Resources Initiative (RRI), seeks an innovative, credible and experienced land tenure specialist with significant management experience to lead its Global Programs unit based in Washington, DC.
The Director of Global Programs ensures optimal design, delivery and oversight of RRI’s Global Programs, contributing to achieving RRI’s Global Targets, by:
- Delivering strategic and top-quality analytical products monitoring the state of local tenure rights and their relationships with development, poverty reduction, climate change and transparency;
- Convening strategic gatherings of civil society, government and private sector actors to accelerate national and global commitments and action to securing local tenure rights and promoting small-scale community-based enterprises;
- Developing and disseminating RRI’s narrative on land tenure and livelihoods contributing to sustainable development goals;
- Representing RRI to academic, government and development practitioner groups;
- Overseeing and providing guidance to the Communications Program, ensuring that RRI delivers influential narratives and analysis, supports Partner communications and elevating relevant national stories to regional and international press;
- Overseeing and providing guidance to the Network Support Program, ensuring that RRI supports influential networks and promotes technical exchanges between critical change agents that support RRI’s country programs;
- Preparing annual strategies and workplans in consultation with RRI Partners and Collaborators;
- Serving as a member of RRG’s senior management team
- Passion for the goals and approach of the RRI Coalition
- Proven managerial success
- Experience producing and effectively communicating analytical products focusing on tenure and natural resources
- Advanced degree in social sciences
- At least 10 years of commensurate professional and managerial experience, with extensive experience in developing countries
- Professional fluency in French and/or Spanish.
How to Apply:
To apply, please submit your CV and introductory cover letter to email@example.com, with a subject line of “Director of Global Programs”. Rights and Resources Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Rights and Resources Initiative, http://www.rightsandresources.org
1238 Wisconsin Avenue, Washington, DC 20007