Climate Change Resource and Partnerships Coordinator – Copenhagen, Denmark
Organization: CARE Denmark
Position Title: Climate Change Resource and Partnerships Coordinator
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark. CARE is flexible on home base; however, this position would benefit from being based in a CARE office and preferably a hub that has a strong climate change programming community with access to a range of strategic partners. K
Hours & Compensation: Full-time. Salary commensurate with qualifications.
Position Dates: Start October 1, 2013.
Application Deadline: July 1, 2013.
Posted On: June 7, 2013.
CARE seeks a world of hope, tolerance and social justice, where poverty has been overcome and people live in dignity and security.
CARE is one of the world’s largest humanitarian organisations in the world and helps more than 55 million people in 70 countries.
CARE in Denmark has specialised in natural resource management and in helping poor people adapt to climate change, which is already causing millions of people to flee because of droughts, floods and cyclones.
CARE Denmark (CDK) is seeking a climate change resource and partnerships coordinator (RPC) for the CARE International Poverty, Environment and Climate Change Network (PECCN). Starting date is October 1st 2013 or as soon as possible with an initial contract period of two years.
PECCN increases the impact of CARE as a global organization by fostering high quality, innovative programming, and, building on this programming, a focus on communications, learning and advocacy that influences wider policy and practice. As a CARE-led “community of practice”, and the first Centre of Expertise within CARE International (CI), PECCN’s global membership includes hundreds of professionals from CARE and partner organisations committed to addressing the challenges of environmental change from the perspective of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people. The post reports to the PECCN Director and works closely with other CARE network and PECCN core staff as part of a virtual team including: regional climate coordinators, a communications coordinator, an advocacy coordinator, a learning and knowledge management coordinator, and a programme coordinator. See www.careclimatechange.org for details of CARE’s climate change activities.
- Develop and implement the CARE climate change resource mobilization and partnerships strategy
- Act as CARE focal point on climate change fundraising, resource mobilization and partnerships
- Supporting and in some cases leading the preparation of high-priority concept notes and proposals
- Building relations with multi-lateral and bi-lateral organizations and philanthropic foundations
- Mobilize substantial new financial resources for CARE climate change activities
- Support strategic fundraising and new partnerships on operationalizing gender-equitable approaches in cARE’s work across climate change policy, strategy and program activities
- Maintain and improve the quality of CARE’s climate change-related programming through continuous improvement and adaptive management
- Minimum qualification of a Master’s degree in a relevant discipline
- Minimum five years of working experience, including:
- Substantial experience in international development in the context of climate change with a dfocus on any of the following climate areas: adaptation, finance, smallholder agriculture and food security.
- Skilled in synthesizing and sharing complex technical information and opportunities with a range of stakeholders in pursuit of resource mobilization and partnership objectives.
- Substantial experience in strategic resource mobilization, fundraising partnership development and working collaboratively with multiple stakeholders
- Knowledge of key institutions and frameworks in support of resource and partnership mobilization
- Substantial experience of living and working in developing countries
- Knowledge of working in complex international networks an advantage
- Ability to work remotely, but also as part of a global team
- Second language an advantage
How to Apply:
Only online applications will be considered. Please go to CARE Denmark’s websitehttp://care.dk/jobs-eng/ and press the job title. On the following page please press the “Apply online” button in the ad to access the application form. In order to enter the form please press ‘Apply’ in the right hand corner. Please note that only Word and PDF files are accepted and files can only be uploaded once. Deadline for application is July 1st 13.00 CET. Kindly upload your application and CV and a one page plan on how you would develop a climate change resource mobilisation and partnerships strategy for the CARE network. Please note that only applications including the plan (max. 1 page in length) will be considered. Interviews will be held in Copenhagen Aug 12th -16th2013. A detailed job description is available on the website.
CARE Denmark, http://www.care.dk/english/jobs
Jemtelandsgade 1, Copenhagen, Hovedstaden, 2300, Denmark