Regional EM&V Forum Intern – Lexington, MA
Organization: Northeast Energy Efficiency Partnerships, Inc.
Position Title: Regional EM&V Forum Intern
Location: Lexington, MA
Hours & Compensation: Part or full-time position, depending on availability. Unpaid, but a stipend may be available if the internship continues to 2014.
Application Deadline: None posted.
Posted On: June 7, 2013.
NEEP is a regional nonprofit organization founded in 1996 that facilitates regional partnerships to advance the efficient use of energy in homes, buildings and industry in the Northeast and mid-Atlantic states. Directed by a geographically representative Board of Directors of energy efficiency leaders and supported by a professional staff, NEEP works strategically with organizations and businesses regionally and nationally to increase the effectiveness and impact of energy efficiency programs and policies that serve the Northeast region. NEEP accomplishes this through a range of roles including strategist, planner, researchers, advocate, educator, convener, facilitator, trainer and technical resource. More information about NEEP can be found at www.neep.org.
The Regional Evaluation, Measurement and Verification (EM&V) Forum Intern supports the Regional EM&V Forum, a project launched in July 2009 to facilitate the development of consistent EM&V savings and reporting protocols across the Northeast and mid-Atlantic region for demand-side resources, with an initial focus on energy efficiency resources. Based in NEEP’s LExington, Massachusetts office, the Intern works closely with the EM&V Forum Associate and Regional Energy Efficiency Database Manger, and also works with the Forum Director and Senior Research & Evaluation Manager.
Research and Analyses
- Track and collect recently completed evaluation studies from the Forum region and update the Forum’s Repository of State & Topical EM&V Studies
- Research state, regional and national evaluation policies and activities and update the Forum’s EM&V Resource Library
- Provide support to the REED Manager to review and conduct QC on data submitted to REED, including analysis of data and cross referencing with savings assumptions from state Technical Reference Manuals (TRMs)
Project Management Assistance
- Proofread documents and reports
- Attend project subcommittee teleconferences/meetings and take notes
- Compile information for project management updates
- Assist with communications to project subcommittees
- Assist with Forum website updates (e.g. monthly calendars, subcommittee membership lists, subcommittee meeting information)
- Complete Forum contact list updates (e.g. distribution lists, tracking worksheets, private website user permissions)
- Undergraduate or graduate student or degree in related discipline (e.g. public policy and adminstration, management, environmental policy) preferred
- Research experience
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to take direction, work independently and coordinate work with others
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficient use of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
- Ability to be an advocate for NEEP’s mission and vision
How to Apply:
To apply please email a resume and cover letter stating where you saw this posting and outlining your interest in NEEP’s mission, to Bob McTighe at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Northeast Energy Efficiency Partnerships, Inc., http://www.neep.org
91 Hartwell Avenue, Lexington, MA 02421