Commercial and Residential Program Associate – Chicago, IL
Organization: Midwest Energy Efficiency Alliance
Position Title: Commercial and Residential Program Associate
Location: Chicago, IL
Hours & Compensation: Full-time. Salary commensurate with experience.
Application Deadline: July 12, 2013.
Posted On: June 7, 2013.
The Midwest Energy Efficiency Alliance (MEEA) is a regional non-profit organization based in Chicago with a mission to advance energy efficiency in the Midwest to support sustainable economic development and environmental preservation. MEEA is a collective voice for energy efficiency at a national, regional and state level; acts as a clearinghouse to identify, evaluate and create successful programs and market assessments for the region; and fosters communication on effective energy policy.
The Program Associate will work under the supervision of the Commercial and Residential Program Managers and appropriate staff in cooperation with MEEA’s Director of Programs to administratively support MEEA commercial building programming including the Building Operator Certification (BOC) and Practical ENergy Management programs and MEEA residential programing including Illinois Home Performance with ENERGY STAR and HVAC SAVE. In particular, the Program Associate will assist in administrative duties for 25-30 BOC training series in 8-9 Midwest states, residential building science classes, and help issues state certificates for energy efficiency homes.
- Maintain schedules and online registration for BOC and BSTS training; monitor collection of tuition payments.
- Serve as a contact for inquiries about BOC and BSTS training and assist individuals with the registration process.
- Complete a variety of program administration tasks including, but not limited to: order BOC student handbooks; compile project folders for students; send copies of exam booklets, answer sheets, and course evaluation forms to coordinators; save completed training records in files; summarize course evaluations; and review and process BOC certification applications.
- Assist with logistical arrangements for trainings as assigned.
- Review, develop content and make updates to www.boccentral.org and BOC pages on www.mwalliance.org.
- Assist with program promotional efforts as needed including social media. This may include print and online marketing, developing and compiling target lists for direct program promotion and remote and in person contact with prospective participants and program partners.
- Maintain BOC and BSTS email contact lists for each state and assist with distribution of periodic BOS Updates and Midwest Home Performance communications.
- Maintain BOC metrics workbook and program handbook which includes the dates and locations of BOC series and number of participants and graduates in each state.
- Work closely with the Commercial, Residential and Accounting teams to submit invoices for payment and monitor expenses incurred.
- Assist with preparation of grant reports and invoices including required financial backup.
- Observe training series; provide presentations on MEEA and the Commercial and Residential programs including maintaining certification.
- Work with the Residential team to analyze data, screen, submit, print, and mail Illinois Home Performance certificates to high-performing Illinois homes; develop certificate issuance process improvements.
- Other duties as may be assigned to support the ongoing development of a sustainable, long-term BOC program and expand program activities in the Midwest region.
- Travel to events and conferences to promote MEEA’s programs and to network.
- Assist with MEEA’s annual conference and annual members meeting, as needed.
- Assist with new program initiatives, special projects, etc. as assigned.
- B.A. or B.S. in the fields of environmental science/studies, architecture, natural resource management, public administration, or a related field
- At least one to two years related work experience in a professional environment
- Experience in administrative or professional support capacity preferred
- Superior organizational skills and an ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines while prioritizing competing responsibilities
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- High attention to detail
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of self-sufficiency and initiative while also functioning as a member of a team in a small-office environment
- Outgoing, energetic and positive team player willing to take initiative
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software suite
- Passion for energy efficiency and commitment to environmental issues. Experience in energy efficiency a plus.
- Experience in website updating and content management a plus.
How to Apply:
Submit cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com with Subject: Program Associate – Commercial and Residential Programs by close of business on Monday, July 12, 2013.
Candidates who do not submit all three items will not be considered.Candidates considered for interviews will be asked to provide writing samples and three references. No phone calls please.
Midwest Energy Efficiency Alliance, http://www.mwalliance.org
20 N. Wacker Drive, Chicago, IL 60606