Analyst – Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Organization: Pembina Institute
Position Title: Technical and Policy Analyst
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Hours & Compensation: Full-time. Competitive salary based on skills, experience, and qualifications of the successful candidate.
Position Dates: Start September 2, 2013.
Application Deadline: June 23, 2013.
Posted On: June 10, 2013.
The Pembina Institute is an independent, not-for-profit environmental policy research and education organization that promotes sustainable energy systems. You will contribute to Pembina’s corporate consulting work where we focus on progressive action in Canada’s business sector. Through technical analysis, multi-stakeholder dialogue and advisory processes, triple bottom-line thinking and strategic communications, the staff at Pembina collaborate with leaders within industry to enhance environmental performance and competitiveness, and through the power of communicating successful examples, spur broader change.
The Pembina Institute is an Internationally recognized thought leader on sustainable energy systems. It uniquely combines the public interest mandate and co-operative environment of a non-profit with the entrepreneurial culture of a small business and the intellectual rigor of a think tank. We offer a unique work environment that allows you to undertake projects aligned with your personal values; that rewards good ideas and personal initiative; and that gives you the change to collaborate with smart and experienced colleagues who are passionate about what they do, across disciplines and across the country. From the get-go, you will be working on topics that are uppermost on the board room and executive agenda, and interacting at a high level across companies, ENGOs, government and academia.
The Pembina Institute is seeking a highly motivated Analyst with strong technical skills to join the Calgary office. The successful candidate will be joining a dynamic team of nationally-recognized professionals who apply their technical acumen, industry knowledge, values and creativity to the Canadian corporate sector’s most prominent sustainability challenges. The candidate should be able to thrive under limited supervision.
- Conduct thorough technical, quantitative analysis
- Critical review of the quantitative analysis of peers
- Support development of reports and presentations for clients
- Support the business development process through building proposals and creating proejct plans
- Collaborate with internal teams
- Manage projects from initiation to completion
- Co-facilitation of internal and client meetings/workshops
- Experience in economic or technical analysis of environmental issues
- Experience in Life Cycle Analysis and/or Greenhouse Gas quantification
- Advanced user of Microsoft Excel
- Undergraduate degree in engineering, business, and/or sustainability-related subject area
- Demonstrated commitment to sustainability and social change
- Some industry experience or understanding, preferably in energy and environment (other relevant areas amy include associated government departments; environment/CSR consulting; academic; international development, government and/or advocacy)
- Project management experience
- Facilitation and public speaking experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and results-oriented, with drive and initiative
How to Apply:
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org subject line specifying position you’re applying and last name:
- Cover letter (max. two pages) explaining your interest in working with Pembina and resume outlining your skills, education and experience (as one document)
- Professional writing sample (ie. publication major paper)
- Please save your cover letter and resume as a PDF using the naming convention lastnamefirstletter-resume-Analyst-2013.pdf (example: smithm-resume-Analyst-2013.pdf)
- Applications linked to online portfolios and/or other resources will also be accepted as long as they are accessible online and accompanied by a written resume and cover letter
- Application deadline: Midnight on Sunday, June 23, 2013
- Preferred start date: September 2013
Pembina Institute, http://www.pembina.org
Calgary Office: 219 19 Street NW, Calgary AB, T2N 2H9 Canada