Program Intern – Bethesda, MD
Organization: Renewable Natural Resources Foundation
Position Title: Program Intern
Location: Bethesda, MD
Hours & Compensation: 40 hours/week. $7.50/hour.
Position Dates: Summer 2013. Position open immediately.
Application Deadline: None posted.
Posted On: June 11, 2013.
The Renewable Natural Resources Foundation (RNRF) is an I.R.C. 501(c)(3) nonprofit, operating foundation, founded in 1972. It is a consortium of scientific, professional, educational, design and engineering organization whose primary purpose is to advance science, the application of science, and public education in managing and conserving renewable natural resources. RNRF’s member organizations recognize that sustaining the Earth’s renewable resource bass will require a collaborative approach to problem solving by their disciplines and other disciplines representing the biological, physical and social sciences.
The Renewable Natural Resources Foundation (RNRF) seeks an intern to work with its staff to assist in the development and implementation of programs in conservation and natural resources policy. This position is an exciting opportunity for a student or recent graduate who wishes to work on current national conservation and science policy issues.
- Development of material for RNRF’s website
- Maintenance of the subscriber database for the Renewable Resources Journal
- Researching article ideas and topics for the Renewable Resources Journal
- Planning and development of RNRF’s 2013 Congress on Coastal Resiliency
- Identification of relevant individuals and organizations to invite
- Researching background material
- Assist in event planning for RNRF’s Washington Round Table on Public Policy and RNRF’s Annual Meeting
- Interest in natural resources, sustainability, and public policy.
- Computer proficiency is a must.
How to Apply:
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to:
Renewable Natural Resources Foundation
Renewable Natural Resources Foundation, http://www.rnrf.org
5430 Grosvenor Lane, Bethesda, MD 20814
Job URL: http://www.rnrf.org/careers.html