Policy Analyst – Washington, DC
Organization: Securing America’s Future Energy
Position Title: Policy Analyst
Location: Washington, DC
Application Deadline: Resumes reviewed on a rolling basis, so early submission is recommended.
Posted On: June 5, 2013.
Securing America’s Future Energy (SAFE) is an action-oriented, nonpartisan organization dedicated to reducing America’s dependence on oil by education policymakers and advocating for comprehensive energy reform.
SAFE seeks a Policy Analyst to work as part of a team responsible for producing research and analysis on a variety of issues related to energy security, markets, technologies, and policies. The Policy Analyst will assist with research, quantitative analysis, and report writing across multiple issue areas, including: US oil and natural gas markets and trends, international energy markets, alternative transportation fuels and technologies, and US energy policy.
- Researching and writing reports
- Maintaining relevant data sets from various public sources, including the Department of Energy and International Energy Agence
- Designing and producing presentations in PowerPoint
- Writing blog posts
- Contributing to legislative analysis
- Responding to internal and external requests for information
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Capable of working independently or as part of a team
- Highly motivated
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint are a must, as is a basic understanding of economics and quantitative analysis
- Advanced degree in public policy or 2-5 years of experience in energy policy, markets, or analysis
- Candidates with some work experience will be given preference
How to Apply:
Those interested should send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Policy Analyst” in the subject line. Resumes received will be evaluated on a rolling basis, so early submission is recommended. SAFE will contact only those applicants it wishes to interview.
Securing America’s Future Energy, http://www.secureenergy.org
1111 19th Street NW, Suite 406, Washington, DC 20036