Community Engagement Coordinator – Philadelphia, PA
Organization: Tookany/Tacony-Frankrod Watershed Partnership (TTF)
Position Title: Community Engagement Coordinator
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Hours & Compensation: Full-time. Weekend and evening hours required.
Application Deadline: June 21, 2013.
Posted On: June 6, 2013.
The Tookany/Tacony-Frankford Watershed Partnership (TTF) is a non-profit organization dedicated to enhancing the health and vitality of the Tookany/Tacony-Frankford Creek and its watershed within Philadelphia and Montgomery County. TTF engages the community in watershed protection through outreach, networking, education, and projects.
TTF is small but mighty. A tight-knit staff with lots of energy, enthusiasm, and commitment to our mission, we are all proud to represent TTF. Active in social media, we are always on the lookout for new ways to promote our message. A sense of humor, willingness to get dirty, and flexibility are required!
The Community Engagement Coordinator will work under the direction of the Director of Education and Outreach to: develop programs across the watershed, particularly in Tacony Creek Park; serve as a liaison to partners, including schools and community organizations; and coordinate the maintenance of stormwater management projects with partners and stakeholders. The CEC will work as part of the TTF team on program and communication efforts, as well as other essential tasks as required.
- Develop and implement programs with stakeholders and community groups (BMP tours, bird walks, presentations) including educational materials and teaching tools.
- Maintain relationships with community members and organizations, educators, municipalities, and other stakeholders and develop new partners.
- Provide resources to community members (directly or through referral).
- Supervise volunteers and interns.
- Attend community and agency meetings as a TTF representative.
- Experience in environmental education & program development
- Strong written and oral communication skills; Spanish a plus
- Strong project and time management
- Ability to work as part of a team and to take individual initiative
- Proficiency in computer usage, including Constant Contact, Word, Excel, Power Point
- Knowledge of Philadelphia’s neighborhoods, particularly the Northeast and familiarity with Philadelphia’s stormwater management plan and clean water issues
- Required weekend and evening hours
- Car required
How to Apply:
Please submit a resume and cover letter by email to Alix Howard, Director of Education and Outreach at email@example.com by 6/21/13.
Tookany/Tacony-Frankford Watershed Partnership, Inc., http://www.ttfwatershed.org
4500 Worth Street, Philadelphia, PA 19124