Research Assistant, Climate – Washington, DC
Organization: Center for Global Development
Position Title: Research Assistant, Climate
Location: Washington, DC
Application Deadline: None posted.
Posted On: June 5, 2013.
The Center for Global Development works to reduce global poverty and inequality through rigorous ersearch and active engagement with the policy community to make a work a more prosperous, just, and safe place for us all.
The Center for Global Development seeks a Research Assistant to provide research and organizational support ot the climate change team, including three senior researchers.
- Conduct literature reviews and data compilation and analysis for ongoing and new research projects. potetial areas of focus include forests and climate change, including REDD+, climate finance, energy, and adaptation.
- Perform analysis of complex datasets in Excel. Knowledge of GIS tools highly desirable. Provide other research, writing and editing support for various reports and documents. Perform duties requiring independent judgment and analysis related to dtaa gathering, report preparation, and special projects.
- Collaborate with senior staff and members of the CGD communications team to draft reports, correspondence, documents, blogs, policy briefs, notes and report periodic findings.
- Organize and attend meetings/conferences related to research priorities.
- Perform other duties as necessary in support of senior research staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, international affairs, or other climate, forestry and development-related fields. Familairaity with issues related to development and climate change, development economics and related topics.
- 1-2 years professional experience in related field.
- Essential software skills: MS Excel to construct spreadsheet models and to make publication quality graphics. MS workd competence including page formatting. Outstanding MS Powerpoint to make effective presentations.
- Basic knowledge of econometrics and familiarity with STATA and other statistical packages a plus.
- Outstanding communications and writing skills. Ability to independently draft correspondence, documents, reports.
- Confidence and can-do attitude; ability to advance projects with hands-off supervision.
- Ability to work independently and with small groups.
How to Apply:
Applicants for vacancy should send a short cover letter, a CV, a short writing sample and a sample Stata do-file which displays knowledge of Stata and of some basic econometric applications, to email@example.com. Please indicate “Research Assistant – Climate” in the subject line of all e-mail correspondences. No phone calls please.
Center for Global Development, http://www.cgdev.org
1800 Massachusetts Avenue NW, Third Floor, Washington, DC 20036