Program Assistant – Los Angeles, CA
Organization: The Climate Registry
Position Title: Program Assistant
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Hours & Compensation: Part-time (60%). Hourly wages are competitive and based on experience.
Position Dates: Through December 31, 2013.
Application Deadline: Applications considered on a first-come, first-serve basis and will be accepted through June 29, 2013.
Posted On: June 12, 2013.
The Climate Registry is a nonprofit North American partnership developing an accurate, complete, consistent and transparent greenhouse gas emissions measurement protocol that is capable of supporting voluntary and mandatory greenhouse gas emission reporting policies for its Members and Reporters. It will provide a verified set of greenhouse gas emissions data from its Reporters supported by a robust accounting and verification infrastructure.
The Program Assistant’s primary role is to support Registry members as they measure and manage their carbon footprint. As part of the Member Services team, this individual will also help lead the development of tools, resources and other educational materials to empower members to understand and minimize their impact on climate change. The primary responsibilities are outlined below. This list should be viewed as a starting point, as the position will evolve and grow according to the successful candidate’s interests and Registry workflow.
Member Support- Voluntary and Mandatory Reporting Programs (40%)
- Manage The Registry’s help desk: answer members’ questions on the The Registry’s reporting program and software
- Train members to use Registry resources through online seminars, individual outreach, and in-person events
- Develop tools and resources to support reporting, verification, and emissions reduction activities
- Maintain accurate records of Registry members and their progress in the GHG reporting and verification cycle
- Manage online resources including a reporting toolkit and member directory
- Assist in planning member events, including online seminars, trainings, workshops, and conference calls
Program Support (20%)
- Contribute to the design and implementation of The Registry’s GHG reporting software
- Represent members’ needs in the development and clarification of GHG accounting policy
- Support The Registry’s third party verification program
- Manage program interns
- Conduct in-person trainings
- Prepare research reports upon request
- Build The Registry’s annual carbon footprint and assist with internal sustainability efforts
- Assist program staff with administrative tasks
- An undergraduate degree in a climate change related field (environmental science, environmental engineering, public policy, education)
- Strong background or avid interest in climate change or GHG accounting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to communicate technical information simply and clearly
- High energy, “can-do” attitude, with customer service experience preferred
- Ability to structure problem-solving approaches, with attention to detail and accuracy
- Willingness to enthusiastically participate in special projects, as needed, and adjust to changing priorities, within or across all teams in the organization
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter, resume and references to email@example.com. The position is available immediately.
The Climate Registry, http://www.theclimateregistry.org
601 West 5th Street, Suite 220, Los Angeles, CA 90071