Intern, Sustainability – Washington, DC
Organization: National League of Cities
Position Title: Intern, Sustainability
Location: Washington, DC
Hours & Compensation: 30 hours/week. $12/hour.
Application Deadline: None posted.
Posted On: June 13, 2013.
The National League of Cities was founded in 1924 and is the country’s oldest, largest and most representative organization serving municipal governments. The National League of Cities (NLC) is dedicated to helping city leaders build better communities. Working in partnership with the 49 state municipal leagues, NLC serves as a resource to and an advocate for the more than 19,000 cities, villages, and towns it represents. We currently have 80 employees dedicated to making cities better.
Responsible for providing general research and program support for the Center’s work in areas related to sustainability, including climate change adaptation and resiliency, green infrastructure, sustainable transportation, and food systems. Reports to Director, Center for Research and Innovation and Associate, Sustainability Program.
- Conduct research and field scans to understand local trends and best practice to inform recommendations for local governments and to inform NLC staff about city initiatives.
- Contribute content to reports and toolkits, online newsletter, website, blog and other related information resources and social media.
- Help manage external partnerships and networks of local officials and city staff.
- Assist with surveys.
- Provide meeting planning support, including in-person seminars, webinars, workshops and meetings at NLC’s annual conferences and other events.
- Help maintain web content.
- Provide administrative support and other related duties as assigned.
- Graduate level intern in related field preferred
- Knowledge of local government and sustainability issues and strategies
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Team player
- Acquaintance with applied research methodologies
- Ability to interact effectively and collaboratively with government officials and all levels of NLC staff
How to Apply:
Send a resume and cover letter to:
National League of Cities
1301 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20004
National League of Cities, http://www.nlc.org
1301 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC 20004