Food Policy and Outreach Intern – San Francisco, CA
Organization: Center for Food Safety (CFS)
Position Title: Food Policy and Outreach Intern
Location: San Francisco, CA
Hours & Compensation: 40 hours/week. $12/hour.
Position Dates: June 24 – September 25, 2013.
Application Deadline: Reviewed on a rolling basis.
Posted On: June 14, 2013.
The Center for Food Safety is a non-profit, membership organization established to address the impacts of our food production systems on human health, the environment and animal welfare. The organization is a leading advocate working to ensure consumer and environmental protection on a variety of issues including genetic engineering, irradiation, aquaculture and organic food standards.
CFS is seeking a highly motivated intern to work on cutting-edge food issues including organic agriculture, genetically engineered foods (GMOs), climate change and food, food safety and CAFOs/factory farms. Interns help with research, writing, public outreach efforts, and policy campaigns. This is a great opportunity for those with a knowledge of and passion for the food movement who are interested in policy and grassroots advocacy.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; strong research skills
- Ability to work independently, a self-starter, and able to juggle and prioritize multiple projects
- Highly professional, adaptable, and accountable
- Experience with or knowledge of the good food movement, environmentalism, climate science, and/or sustainable agriculture
- Bachelor’s degree or significant work experience in public outreach/education, marketing, communications, social media campaigns
- Strong working knowledge of social media/web platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, WordPress, etc.)
- Spanish skills a plus
- Video production skills a plus
How to Apply:
Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com explaining experience and/or interest in organic food and agriculture, food safety, and environmental issues. Applications reviewed on a rolling basis.
Center for Food Safety, http://www.centerforfoodsafety.org
303 Sacramento Street, San Francisco, cA 94111