Program Assistant – Woodbridge, VA
Organization: Keep Prince William Beautiful
Position Title: Program Assistant
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Hours & Compensation: 40 hours/week. $17/hour.
Position Dates: Temporary position; a six month agreement with the possibility of a six month extension.
Application Deadline: June 18, 2013.
Posted On: June 13, 2013.
Keep Prince William Beautiful is a non profit environmental organization that serves Prince William County through partnering with residents, businesses and government to educate and inspire people to be environmental stewards and keep Prince William beautiful.
Implement, supervised by and reporting to the Executive Director all aspects of program objectives including public presentations, state/local/private grant fulfillment, business and citizen relationships, special events and other efforts as appropriate. Participate in programmatic and organization planning, while also responsible for writing, reporting, and record-keeping. Provide for positive public relations and media opportunities to promote the agency mission, community education and agency name recognition.
- Know and support the mission, purposes, goals, policies, programs, services, strengths and needs of KPWB.
- Promote the image of KPWB’s mission.
- Manage and implement the assigned programs.
- Meet measures and grant requirements as assigned by program.
- Maintain continuity and consistency in programming despite a changing volunteer base.
- Develop and assist with fundraising efforts.
- Conduct presentations to community groups, businesses and youth groups/schools.
- Fulfill assigned program obligations if unable to secure a volunteer for coverage.
- Coordinate and carry out program activities and events in accordance with established procedure.
- Complete post event reports.
- Submit bi-weekly report to Executive Director.
- Submit and present bi-monthly report for Board.
- Prepare and maintain necessary records.
- Train, assign work load and supervise volunteers designated to programs.
- Prepare and send pre-event confirmation emails to all volunteers for scheduled events.
- Follow up with volunteers after events for feedback.
- Maintain detailed timesheet for grant billing purposes.
- Pursue community awareness opportunities
- Increase and maintain visible relationships with local organizations, schools, county and state agencies, and local businesses
- Serve, when appropriate, as KPWB’s representative and Director’s liaison to community committees
- Follow established procedures to respond to and follow up on public inquiries and complaints
- Keep information current on social media and other internet sites
- Create printable and electronic materials for program promotion and community education
- Coordinate and present at booth events and expo
- Promote citizen involvement through KPWB’s media outlets
- Prepare for approval and distribute productive media releases
- Ensure that office quarters present an attractive image of the Board and its members
- Be present during working office hours of 9 – 5 PM, unless otherwise directed by Executive Director
- Manage day-to-day administrative and operational procedures to ensure proficient program development
- Sign and adhere to a professional agreement, and media communication agreement
- Fulfill Keep America Beautiful campaigns as directed by Executive Director and/or Board
- Provide additional program support and action as needed to fulfill KPWB’s mission and program requirements
- Attend to other reasonable duties and responsibilities as directed by Executive Director and/or Board.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree, environmental degree and nonprofit experience preferred.
- Knowledge of presentation skills and practices used in introducing/promoting subject matter.
- Knowledge of business community and public relations needs.
- Ability to plan, organize and implement a comprehensive community program in specific subject matters
- Ability to handle multiple projects
- Ability to develop and provide training for volunteers
- Ability to organize and perform work independently
- Ability to operate standard office equipment including computer software, preferable Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with business leaders, staff, volunteers and the general public
- Ability to supervise volunteers
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, volunteers, and corporate community.
How to Apply:
Submit cover letter AND resume to email@example.com no later than 5 PM on Tuesday, June 18. Please direct information to: Kiliaen Anderson, Executive Director. Qualified candidates will be contacted no later than Wednesday, June 19th to interview. Interviews will be hosted June 20 and 21, by invitation only. Candidate must be able to start on July 1.
Keep Prince William Beautiful, http://www.kpwb.org
4391 Ridgewood Center Drive, Suite F, Woodbridge, VA 22192