Staff Attorney or Energy Policy Analyst – Chicago, IL
Organization: Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC)
Position Title: Staff Attorney or Energy Policy Analyst
Location: Chicago, IL
Hours & Compensation: Full-time. Salary commensurate with experience.
Application Deadline: None posted.
Posted On: June 14, 2013.
NRDC is the nation’s most effective environmental action group, combining the grassroots power of 1.4 million members and online activists with the courtroom clout and expertise of more than 350 lawyers, scientists and other professionals.
NRDC is seeking a Staff Attorney or policy expert to work in our Midwest Program.
- Provide written and oral advocacy in furtherance of NRDC’s utility reform, clean energy and energy efficiency priorities at the legislature and regulatory proceedings before the public utilities commissions in Wisconsin and Minnesota.
- Develop state-level support in Minnesota and Wisconsin to push for federal regulations on carbon emissions from the electric sector.
- Conduct legal and policy research and analysis to develop and support positions.
- Coordinate and represent NRDC in coalitions on specific issue areas.
- Respond to media requests and develop advocacy material to spread NRDC’s message.
- Law degree or Master’s degree in relevant field
- 2 years work experience in energy or environmental field
How to Apply:
Create a profile and upload your resume and cover letter on the NRDC website.
Natural Resources Defense Council, http://www.nrdc.org
2 N. Riverside Plaza, Suite 2250, Chicago, IL 60606