Program Officer – Anchorage, AK
Organization: Alaska Conservation Foundation
Position Title: Program Officer
Location: Anchorage, AK
Hours & Compensation: Full-time. Salary dependent on experience.
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
Posted On: June 10, 2013.
Alaska Conservation Foundation (ACF) is the single largest grant maker to Alaska conservation efforts. For over 30 years, no other foundation has been dedicated to serving and supporting the frontlines of Alaska’s conservation movement.
The Program Officer for Conservation Movement Building is primarily responsible for representing the Alaska Conservation Foundation (ACF) interests and responsibilities within both the Collective Conservation Strategy and the Alaska Native Fund.
Collective Conservation Strategy:
- Represent ACF by acting as a steward of the Collective Conservation Strategy by providing strategic leadership, facilitation, and support in the development of goals and production of outcomes, working with partner organizations.
- Identify capacity building needs and prioritize ACF investments to advance goals and impact.
- Develop and submit foundation proposals and reports.
- Develop new, and maintain existing, relationships with foundations and individuals.
- Oversee ACF grants, including conducting annual evaluations.
- Develop strategic plan and work plan in consultation with partner organizations.
- Contract with and oversee consultants and contractors.
- Analyze and evaluate Rapid Response grants.
Alaska Native Fund:
- Represent ACF by acting as a steward of the Alaska Native Fund (ANF) in partnership with the ANF Steering Committee in the development of goals and the production of outcomes.
- Develop and submit foundation proposals and reports to support the goals and outcomes.
- Develop new, and maintain existing, relationships among foundations and individuals supporting the Alaska Native Fund and members of the Steering Committee.
- Make and manage grants to this program, including conducting annual evaluations.
- Assist the ANF Steering Committee in developing strategic plan and work plan, including measurements of success and evaluation.
- Contract with and oversee consultants and contractors for the Fund.
- Oversee activities or, and provide support to, the Alaska Native Fund Program Coordinator.
General Grant Making, Development and Other
- Coordinate and oversee programmatic grant making, providing analysis and evaluation.
- Coordinate with the ACF Philanthropy Director on fundraising opportunities for the organization, providing program information, as necessary for ACF fundraising and education efforts.
- Promote Alaska conservation efforts in national philanthropic circles by participating in fudner affiliate networks.
- Actively participate in bi-weekly Program Team meetings, staff meetings, and Board meetings as assigned.
- A passion for Alaska and its environment, knowledge of conservation issues preferred.
- Knowledge of Alaska Native cultures and communities preferred.
- An eagerness to help implement sustainable business practices.
- Ability to adhere to the highest ethical standards.
- Superior customer service skills to both internal and external audiences.
- Demonstrated empathetic disposition and positive attitude.
- Eagerness to work as part of a team, both as a leader and in a supporting capacity, to expand the donor base and visibility of the Foundation.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and prioritization skills.
- High level of initiative and desire to meet specific goals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
How to Apply:
Please provide an ACF Employment Application, cover letter outlining your interest and experience, plus a resume. Applicants selected to receive an interview will be asked to submit three references.
Submissions must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include ‘Program Officer’ in the subject heading. We will confirm receipt of your submission by email.
Alaska Conservation Foundation, http://www.alaskaconservation.org
911 West 8th Avenue, Suite 300, Anchorage, AK 99501