Faculty Research Assistant – Frostburg, MD
Position Title: Faculty Research Assistant
Location: Frostburg, MD
Hours & Compensation: Full-time. Salary dependent on experience and includes benefits.
Position Dates: Available as soon as funding is in place, expected between July 1 and August 1, 2013.
Application Deadline: Review of applications will begin on 6/15/2013 and continue until the position is filled.
The Appalachian Laboratory (AL) was founded in 1962, and is located in the mountains of western Maryland, in the headwaters of the Chesapeake Bay watershed. Faculty at the Laboratory conduct research in aquatic ecology, landscape and watershed ecology, conservation biology and restoration ecology, behavioral and evolutionary ecology, and study both freshwater and terrestrial ecosystems of Maryland and other locations in the United States and the world.
Contingent upon anticipated funding, the Appalachian Laboratory of the University of Maryland Center for Environmental Science intends to hire a Faculty Research Assistant to conduct research activities on the hydrological and chemical dynamics of bioswales currently being constructed throughout Maryland.
- Strong background in field hydrology with expertise in water and soil chemistry
- Ability to work independently in the field and laboratory
- Ability to maintain a pertinent current database for bioswale literature
- Minimum of BS or BA degree in an appropriate field.
How to Apply:
Please e-mail a single PDF document that includes:
- a letter describing relevant research experience,
- a resume, and
- contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
University of Maryland Center for Environmental Science, Appalachian Laboratory, http://www.umces.edu/al
301 Braddock Road, Frostburg, MD 21532