Policy Intern – Washington, D.C.
Organization: Green for All
Position Title: Policy Intern
Location: Washington, D.C.
Hours & Compensation: 16-24 hours/week. Unpaid.
Position Dates: 3 months.
Application Deadline: None. All applications will be considered until this position is filled.
Posted On: June 17, 2013.Organization Overview:
Green For All is a national organization working to build an inclusive green economy strong enough to lift people out of poverty. We are dedicated to improving the lives of all Americans by creating economic opportunity and a healthy environment. We work in collaboration with business, government, labor, and grassroots communities to advance policies and programs that produce quality jobs in green industry – all while holding the most vulnerable people at the center of our agenda.
Green For All’s DC Office is seeking college students at either the undergraduate or graduate level interested in environmental policy and communications to support our work executing national campaigns and implementing green economy solutions.
- Organized, flexible, detail oriented, and self-motivated person
- Manage on-going and one-time special projects with limited supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong Internet research skills desired
- Ability to perform administrative tasks as needed
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, GoogleDocs, and Salesforce
- Familiar with the web and social networking
- Strong interest in environmental, economic, and social justice
- Major in environmental science, political science, public relations, marketing, communications, journalism or related field
How to Apply:
Submit electronically along with a cover letter, resume, writing sample, and two references to email@example.com. All applications will be considered until this position is filled.
Green for All, http://www.greenforall.org
1101 17th Street NW, Suite 250, Washington, DC 20036