Asia Regional Coordinator – New York, NY
Organization: Waterkeeper Alliance
Position Title: Asia Regional Coordinator
Location: New York, NY
Hours & Compensation: Part-time, approximately 20 hours/week. Competitive non-profit hourly wage.
Application Deadline: Position available immediately.
Posted On: June 17, 2013.
Waterkeeper Alliance is a global environmental movement uniting more than 200 Waterkeeper organizations around the world and focusing citizen advocacy on the issues that affect our waterways, from pollution to climate change. Waterkeepers patrol more than 1.5 million square miles of rivers, streams and coastlines in the Americas, Europe, Australia, Asia and Africa. For more information, please visit our website at www.waterkeeper.org.
Waterkeeper Alliance seeks a dynamic, goal-oriented professional to strengthen and amplify the voice of our international Waterkeepers through capacity-building, advocacy, communications, and fundraising. This position will connect, support, and grow the Waterkeeper movement in Asia.
- Identify and facilitate participation in outreach and media, training, legal, fundraising, policy and legislative opportunities that support the efforts of Asia Waterkeepers and Waterkeeper Alliance.
- Facilitate a common and consistent regional Waterkeeper voice for issues relating to clean and abundant waters.
- Conduct site visits to assist with strategic planning and quality stand compliance. (Frequency of travel contingent upon funding.)
- Collaborate with Asian Waterkeepers to plan appropriate Annual Conference workshops for Asian groups.
- Arrange translation services for Asian Waterkeepers at Annual Conference.
- Assist Asian Waterkeepers with arrangements for Annual Waterkeeper Conference.
- Help co-ordinate and fundraise for annual Asian regional meeting.
- Develop new Asia Waterkeeper organizations, ensure quality standard compliance, and maintain licensing and other files for Waterkeeper organizations.
- Engage in regular communication with other Waterkeeper Alliance regional staff to share best practices and support relevant Waterkeeper Board Committees, as needed.
- Engage in other activities as needed.
- A Bachelor’s degree, at minimum, along with relevant experience, including a sound understanding of non-profit organizations, budgets, governmental policy-making of Asian countries.
- Knowledge, experience and background with water quality issues.
- Knowledge, experience and background with coal pollution issues preferred.
- Fluency in English and Mandarin preferred.
How to Apply:
Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, Subject: Asian Regional Coordinator.
Waterkeeper Alliance, http://www.waterkeeper.org
17 Battery Place Suite 1329, New York, NY 10004