Project Coordinator, Urbanization and Global Environmental Change – Tempe, AZ
Position Title: Project Coordinator, Urbanization and Global Environmental Change
Location: Tempe, AZ
Hours & Compensation: Full-time. $40,607 – $52,789/year.
Position Dates: Grant funded position. Continuation of position contingent on future grant funding.
Application Deadline: June 21, 2013.
The Global Institute of Sustainability is the hub of Arizona State University’s sustainability initiatives. The Institute advances research, education, and business practices for an urbanizing world. Its School of Sustainability, the first of its kind in the U.S., offers transdisciplinary degree programs focused on finding practical solutions to environmental, economic, and social challenges.
The Global Institute of Sustainability (GIOS) has an exciting opportunity for a Project Coordinator to support the Urbanization and Environmental Change (UGEC) initiative. Under general supervision, the Project Coordinator will ensure that project goals and objectives are accomplished in accordance with priorities and funding limitations.
- Performing administrative support to functions of the International Project Office, including database, mailing list, and paper and electronic filing systems maintenance.
- Managing communications, including through with international scholars, affiliated research projects and external partners and updating the UGEC website (http://www.ugec.org).
- Liaising with international scholars and practitioners in facilitating project objectives including local activities that are implemented according to the scientific agenda of the project.
- Editorial writing, collecting information, placing calls for papers, and preparing and overseeing UGEC newsletters and other IPO publications, informational materials, and documents.
- Synthesizing academic research or assisting in the process.
- Leading and planning conference organization, handling logistics and paperwork for travel, meetings, and the arrival of visitors.
- Assisting with the preparation of budgets, reports, and grant proposals.
- Bachelor’s degree AND one year of related experience OR Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Evidence of a graduate degree in urban planning, environmental science, sustainability or related field.
- Demonstrated experience: in an academic and/or research environment; graphic software; coordinating international meetings; working with research foundations, NGOs and/or international governments.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of urbanization and global environmental change sciences.
- Evidence of three years of project coordination experience.
How to Apply:
Application deadline is 11:59 pm Arizona time on June 21, 2013.
Complete the required information and attach a single Word or PDF document, which includes:
- Cover letter
- Three professional references (names, address, and phone numbers)
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g. 6/88 – 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employment for each position. Resume should clearly demonstrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
Sustainability Solutions Extension Service, http://sustainability.asu.edu