Assistant Project Coordinator – San Rafael, CA
Organization: Strategic Energy Innovations
Position Title: Assistant Project Coordinator
Location: San Rafael, CA
Hours & Compensation: Full-time. $35,000 – $39,000.
Application Deadline: Reviewed and accepted on a rolling basis.
Posted On: June 12, 2013.
SEI is a national non-profit organization based in San Rafael, CA. Through funding from federal, state, municipal, private foundations and other client organizations, SEI is committed to actions that sustain our planet. We achieve this goal by partnering with key community groups that are integral to local climate and energy solutions, such as housing providers, schools, colleges and universities, and municipal governments. Our staff members work closely in a team-oriented environment supporting each other on projects and creatively developing new opportunities.
Strategic Energy Innovations (SEI) is seeking an Assistant Project Coordinator to primarily support our K-12 education-related efforts. We’re looking for a resourceful individual to join our team that enjoys supporting multiple projects simultaneously and has the ambition to grow with our organization.
The Assistant Project Coordinator reports to and supports the activities of the SEI K-12 Education Programs Lead to plan for and implement projects within K-12 schools and related education venues. As needed, the Associate Project Coordinator will work with and support the efforts of other SEI Program Managers/Directors.
- Assist the K-12 Education Programs Lead with the planning and implementation of all aspects of our K-12 Education Sector projects/programs, that includes grant/proposal writing, project scoping, budgeting, implementation, reporting and related follow up.
- Help to design and write curriculum, such as school energy auditing and school solar analysis project-based learning activities.
- Interface with educators and students, coordinating trainings, and pilot innovative approaches to working with schools and the community.
- Help to plan for and support instructor and classroom trainings relating to energy efficiency, conservation, and climate protection.
- Plan for and help to facilitate lessons and school-based events.
- Help to prepare reports, case studies and related written materials.
- Support the breadth of SEI programs and time and funding priorities dictate.
Experience in both environmental education and energy conservation is preferred, but not required; some professional development is available. The successful candidate will have most or all of the following qualities, skills, and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental education, energy management, environmental sciences, or other related field or equivalent work experience
- Education and ideally experience in energy auditing and building science
- A clear understanding of the public education sector
- Familiarity with environmental/energy education tools and techniques
- Awareness of energy conservation and efficiency
- Effective organization skills
- Proven written and verbal skills
- Strong computer skills, with an emphasis on Excel
- Able to work both under direct supervision and independently
- Fundamental project management knowledge
- Ability to follow through and meet deadlines
- Strong verbal, written communication, and analytical skills
Additional Valued Skills:
- Experience working or volunteering in a K-12 education setting, ideally both in curriculum development and instruction.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to build rapport with a wide range of people.
- Ability to work both under direct supervision and independently.
- Flexibility and adaptability to a rapidly changing schedule and set of priorities.
- Working knowledge developing websites and effectively using social media to advance project/program goals.
- Experience with Portfolio Manager software.
How to Apply:
Email cover letter and resume to Strategic Energy Innovations at email@example.com (with no spaces in the email address). No phone calls please.
Strategic Energy Innovations, http://www.seiinc.org
899 Northgate Drive, Suite 410, San Rafael, CA 94903