Nonprofit Leadership Fellow – San Rafael, CA
Organization: Strategic Energy Innovations
Position Title: Nonprofit Leadership Fellow
Location: San Rafael, CA
Hours & Compensation: Full-time. $17,500 – $21,000 over a 12-month period, based on candidate qualifications and prorated based on availability.
Position Dates: Intended July start date.
Application Deadline: Reviewed and accepted on a rolling basis.
Posted On: June 7, 2013.
We are a Marin County-based non-profit organization with a 15-year history, dedicated to actions that sustain our planet. SEI creates green communities by designing sustainability programs around four key sectors that make up the foundation of all communities: education, housing, government, and the workforce. Due to our understanding of the many facets of sustainability, we are able to see the big picture and pinpoint opportunities to help communities reach their goals, reduce their consumption of natural resources and enjoy quantifiable savings. Our staff works within teams to support each other on projects and to creatively develop new and effective models. For more information, visit our website at www.seiinc.org.
Strategic Energy Innovations (SEI) is seeking a dedicated individual who is passionate about working in the non-profit sector, to provide a year of service as a full-time, paid fellow for a cutting edge organization focused on designing innovative solutions to address community climate, energy and resource efficiency goals. SEI’s Nonprofit Leadership Fellow will have the opportunity to work directly with our Executive Director, in addition to working in our cutting edge and growing K-12 schools sector program area. This position offers exceptional training, professional development and exposure in the areas of climate/energy sustainability and non-profit fundraising/management. This fellow will work on planning and implementing cutting edge resource efficiency programs in schools and commercial/resort properties, with exposure to all aspects of program design and implementation.
- Work with SEI staff and expert partners to support student/staff teams as they lead resource efficiency audits focused on lighting and plug load efficiency, water efficiency, building envelope and related systems.
- Contribute to drafting energy audit recommendations reports.
- Research and consult on audit related technical equipment information, rebates/incentives, financial, technical assistance and policy connections.
- Help to organize and deliver retrofit and behavior-based recommendations to school administrators and property decision makers, tied to relevant rebates, incentives and assistance programs.
- Address relevant post-audit remote and onsite follow-up including working with schools/property staff to support greater understanding and adoption of recommended retrofits.
- Consult to Green Teams (composed of instructors, students and staff) as they plan for and implement program activities.
- Lead energy auditing ‘train the trainer’ sessions with schools instructors and staff champions, tailored to training and managing students on school-based auditing.
- Limited (10-20%) travel to schools and commercial property clients to support onsite efforts.
- Proposal support – the fellow will work with one or more SEI Directors/Managers to write grant applications to fund our ongoing work.
- Highly skilled working across the Microsoft Suite of office automation software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Strong quantitative, written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working on technical energy efficiency auditing and retrofit support efforts
- Strong analytic skills, experience with Excel (building spreadsheets, formulas and data manipulation), math or science background
- Interest or experience working in the schools (K-12) sector and on student curriculum and instructional desgin
- Familiarity and experience working in building science and building energy benchmarking and related tools (e.g. Portfolio Manager, Energy Pro, etc.)
- Strong written and verbal communications skills including technical case studies and reports
- Bachelor’s degree (advanced coursework a plus) in a quantitative discipline, environmental studies, or related field or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated experience with efficiency web research and information synthesis.
- Ability to work full-time over the course of the fellowship, mostly out of our San Rafael office.
How to Apply:
Email cover letter and resume to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Refer to ‘School Energy Auditing Fellow’ in your email subject line. Be sure to indicate in your cover letter your availability to start and the support area(s) (listed above) for which you are most interested/qualified.
Strategic Energy Innovations, http://www.seiinc.org
899 Northgate Drive, Suite 410, San Rafael, CA 94903