Community Power Program Coordinator – Washington, D.C.
Position Title: Community Power Program Coordinator
Location: Washington, D.C.
Hours & Compensation: Full-time. Salary commensurate with experience.
Application Deadline: None posted.
Posted On: June 18, 2013.Organization Overview:
Communities have a powerful tool for creating social benefits, one that requires no sacrifice but instead aligns with their own interests as consumers: collective purchasing power.
Groundswell helps communities leverage their collective market power for good by pooling their demand for needed services and linking them with businesses that drive local economic opportunity and sustainability. Through this process, Groundswell helps families and community institutions reduce their energy costs, builds more resilient social impact organizations, and creates economic opportunity by growing inclusive clean energy sectors.
Groundswell has driven nearly $7 million in community-based clean energy projects and has been featured by The New York Times, The Washington Post, GOOD Magazine and FastCompany. In 2011, Groundswell was selected as a Clinton Global Initiative America commitment maker for its model to grow clean energy economic opportunity in communities across the U.S. For more information, visit groundswell.org.
The Community Power Program Coordinator will work closely with the Senior Community Power Coordinator and report directly to the Director of Commercial Programs to implement and grow the Community Power Program in the mid-Atlantic region. The Community Power Program partners with mission-based community institutions to leverage their buying power for social impact by collectively negotiating with energy companies for renewable energy supply at discounted rates.
The successful candidate should possess strong verbal communications and relationship building skills. They should also have attention to detail and an ability to stay organized in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment. They will be responsible for supporting outreach and communications to program participants and partners while also assisting with the ongoing administrative requirements of managing the aggregation bid process.
The Coordinator position will provide exposure to outreach, marketing, project management, research, and data analysis for anyone looking to pursue a career in social entrepreneurship, the clean energy sector, business development, or politics and campaigns.
Outreach and Marketing:
- Cultivate relationships with leaders and staff at faith-based institutions, charter schools, affordable housing developments, and other non-profits to encourage new or continued participation in the Community Power Program;
- Participate in data collection and analysis on electricity usage and pricing for current and future participants in the program; assist with the management of diverse data platforms including Salesforce.com and Salsa;
- Implement marketing and communications plans to build program recognition and interest including online campaigns, social media, email, and other avenues; Help craft appropriate media materials, collateral, case studies, web and landing pages;
- Support account management of past program participants including generating participant referrals, encouraging re-enrollment, and conducting surveys on their past experience with the Program;
- Manage an individual engagement pipeline to achieve specific targets for new participants, kilowatt hours, and other benchmarks and metrics.
- Support the electricity aggregation bid process through document collection, review, online tracking, and participant follow up;
- Coordinate with diverse internal and external stakeholders including Groundswell’s legal firm, retail electricity suppliers, and various programmatic and administrative teams within the organization;
- Build and maintain competencies in electricity markets, renewable energy opportunities, and local players in energy markets to inform conversations with program participants and partners and other stakeholders.
- Groundswell is looking for applicants who have a bold vision for creating structural change in our society, a strong curiosity in people and new ideas, and a demonstrated ability to act strategically and motivate others.
- The candidate should also be motivated as much by strong ambition and desire to succeed as they are by strong values and a desire to create deep social impact.
- BA, preferably in the area of economics, environmental science, business, or political science;
- 2 years of relevant experience with an organization focused on clean and renewable energy services, community organizing, business development, or other relevant theme;
- Attention to detail and willingness to work closely with data systems;
- Excellent writing, research and organizational skills;
- Demonstrated verbal communications and relationships building capacity.
- Proven experience working with diverse constituent groups including faith-based, school groups, housing developers, or other community based institutions; Familiarity with Salesforce.com, Salsa, or other data platforms;
- Experience with online organizing, digital marketing and/or social media campaigning;
- Prior knowledge of retail electricity markets, renewable energy products, or energy markets;
- Prior positions of leadership in the youth climate movement or other students movements are highly desired.
How to Apply:
Apply online at: bit.ly/groundswell-jobs.
1156 15th Street NW, Washington, D.C., 20005