Land Protection Director – Rochester, MI
Organization: Six Rivers Land Conservancy
Position Title: Land Protection Director
Location: Rochester, MI
Hours & Compensation: Full-time. Salary dependent on experience.
Application Deadline: July 19, 2013.
Posted On: June 19, 2013.
Six Rivers Regional Land Conservancy is a non-profit conservation organization made up of members, donors and volunteers who believe it is important to sustain the quality and character of the natural resources that sustain us. We recognize and understand the value of an inviting landscape and a strong and vibrant natural resource base in our communities—it makes them attractive and healthy places to live and attracts people and institutions that create prosperity.
Direct and implement land protection program including acquisition negotiations, landowners outreach & cultivation, community relatipns, identifying coordinating development of funding where needed. Assist in directing and supporting program prioritization, strategies and board and volunteer engagement.
Land Protection, Acquisition:
- Negotiate acquisitions including donations and purchases of conservation easements and fee title
- Assist in prioritizing engagement in both developing and ongoing acquisitions
- Prepare and maintain detailed records of properties and transactions including mapping, contract management, correspondence and all other relevant components of acquisition projects
- Maintain relationships with landowners and prospects
- Support Conservancy board and committees to ensure thorough understanding and ability of board to make risk assessments and decisions
- Identify and develop funding sources for acquisitions including public and private grant sources and individual donors
- Support operational fundraising efforts
- Other duties as assigned by Executive Director
Land Protection, Planning:
- Oversee and support land protection prioritization including mapping, field review, and coordination with conservation partners and stakeholders
- Presentations for landowners & interested parties on land protection and stewardship
- Serve as Conservancy representative for other groups and agencies as assigned
- Bachelor’s in natural resource related field
- Experience in developing, managing and closing real estate transactions
- Knowledge of land protection techniques including legal and tax issues
- Familiarity with public and private conservation funding sources and mechanisms
- Familiarity with private non-profit conservation institutions a plus
- Strong written and verbal communications including ability to deliver persuasive presentations to individuals and groups
- Computer skills: Proficiency on Microsoft Office products, familiarity and proficiency with contact and project management software, Proficiency in GIS mapping software
- Valid Michigan driver’s license
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed to conform to schedules of landowners, donors and volunteers
- Occasional out-of-area travel for training and meetings which may involve overnight stays, sometimes for multiple nights
How to Apply:
Submit application to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Six Rivers Land Conservancy, http://www.sixriverslc.org
4480 Orion Road, 2nd Floor, P.O. Box 80902, Rochester, MI 48308