NEPA Specialist – Bismarck, ND
Organization: Cardno ENTRIX
Position Title: NEPA Specialist
Location: Bismarck, ND
Hours & Compensation: Full-time. Paid.
Application Deadline: none
Cardno ENTRIX is an environmental and natural resource management consultancy providing a broad suite of services in Water Resources Management, Natural Resources Management, Permitting & Compliance, and Liability Management. Clients turn to Cardno ENTRIX for help navigating complex environmental, natural resource, and business challenges because of our creative problem-solving and the successful track record of our multidisciplinary team.
Cardno ENTRIX is seeking a Biologist/NEPA Specialist for our Bismarck, ND office.
- Lead field work and reporting efforts supporting biological assessments and NEPA projects
- Provide leadership and decision-making in the field
- Communicate with clients, crews and project managers
- B.S. or M.S. in biology or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years’ professional experience
- Experience with agencies in North Dakota and Montana
- Wetland delineation training and experience
- Knowledge of Northern Plains flora and fauna
- Experience with GPS equipment, preferably Trimble with Pathfinder software
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Access)
- Proficient with ArcGIS
- Ability to take detailed field notes, including photo logs and environmental descriptions
- NEPA knowledge and documentation experience is essential. NHPA knowledge is a plus.
- Ability to travel to field sites for extended periods of time
- Ability to walk up to 10 miles/day, sometimes in adverse conditions
- Experience writing NEPA documents and biological assessments
- Ability to communicate with crew members, clients, and project managers, conveying the important aspects of the project and results to each
- Ability to work independently
- Positive, flexible, & team-oriented approach
- Self-motivated; strong initiative
- Detail oriented; resourceful
- Bilingual capabilities (Spanish) a plus
* Please note that selected candidates will be required to pass a drug, background and reference screening prior to receiving an offer.
How to Apply:
Apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org