Senior Campaign Advisor – Arlington, VA
Organization: The Nature Conservancy
Position Title: Senior Campaign Advisor
Location: Arlington, VA
Hours & Compensation: Full-time. None Specified.
Application Deadline: August 19, 2013
The mission of The Nature Conservancy is to conserve the lands and waters on which all life depends. Since our founding in 1951, The Nature Conservancy has protected more than 117 million acres of land and 5,000 miles of rivers worldwide — and we operate more than 100 marine conservation projects globally. We have more than 1 million members and dedicated staff working in all 50 United States and more than 30 countries around the world — we are everywhere you want to be!
The Conservation Campaigns Team’s Western Policy Associate will assist Senior Conservation Campaigns Staff in planning and implementing state and local public finance and policy campaigns and legislative initiatives, and public education programs in the Western United States. Travel is required. This position will be located in any of the Western United States.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- serving as a liaison and informational contact between The Nature Conservancy, state, county, local coalitions;
- working with states to implement activities such as polling, feasibility research and needs assessment documents to advance state and local funding and policies;
- providing research and policy analysis support for Senior Campaign Advisors and Director of Conservation Campaigns;
- supporting the development of strategic winnable ballot measure campaigns; managing internal staff relationships and external consultant contracts; and participating in internal and external trainings.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in political science, public policy, government relations or related field and 2-4 years experience, including experience working with legislative, ballot or issue campaigns. Equivalent combination of education and experience acceptable.
- General knowledge of rules and regulations pertaining to ballot measures and thorough grasp of tools necessary to design successful campaigns particularly in the Western US.
- Successful experience in developing, directing and managing multiple projects. Meet deadlines.
- Ability to use advanced computer functions including navigating the Internet. Ability to manipulate, analyze and interpret data.
How to Apply:
For more information and to apply, please visit www.nature.org/careers and search for job ID#41237 in the keyword search. Deadline to apply is August 19, 2013. The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.