Bay Area Solar Corps Project Fellow – Oakland, CA
Organization: GRID Alternatives
Position Title: Bay Area Solar Corps Project Fellow
Location: Oakland, CA
Hours & Compensation: Full-time. All Solar Corps members are provided with hourly compensation at $8.00/hr, health and dental benefits, paid time off, continuing education opportunities, and an additional end of year award upon completion of the one-year program.
Application Deadline: July 12, 2013
Founded during the 2001 California energy crisis, GRID Alternatives’ (www.gridalternatives.org) mission is to empower communities in need by providing renewable energy and energy efficiency services, equipment, and training. GRID Alternatives provides these services exclusively to low-income households, including families, seniors, and persons with disabilities. We install solar electric systems for low-income homeowners with volunteers and job trainees, enhancing long-term housing affordability for low-income households by reducing their energy costs, and expanding economic opportunity by providing skills and training in the growing field of solar electricity.
GRID Alternatives’ Bay Area office is looking for a Project Fellow to join our Solar Corps. The Solar Corps is an opportunity for highly motivated and enthusiastic people to join GRID Alternatives for a one-year fellowship. Corps members will gain valuable experience in the solar and non-profit industry to help launch their career while making significant contributions to GRID Alternatives and the broader community.
The Project Associate is a non-exempt, 40 hour per week position assisting the Project Manager.
This position may require work on weekends as well as travel throughout the Bay Area. GRID Alternatives provides travel reimbursement or City CarShare, but applicant must hold a valid driver license.
- Submit and track all interconnection paperwork to ensure interconnections occur in a timely manner. Respond to all interconnection related correspondence with utility.
- Process solar incentive related rebate paperwork, including GoSolarSF and CSI.
- Assist the construction department with site visit data management, including transfer of site photos, SunEye data, etc.
- Conduct remote site assessments to assess suitability of solar for specific homes utilizing online tools.
- Coordinate residential electrical panel replacements, includes managing subcontractors and coordinating with utility.
- Track and manage service calls for past installations, track performance issues and customer relations post-installation.
- Assist in coordinating field service and troubleshooting work for post-installation calls, including product recalls, performance issues.
- Assist with project designs.
- Other field or technical administrative work as needed by the project or construction team, including assistance with site visits, installations, trouble-shooting calls.
New construction and homeowner planning
- Track developers’ new construction projects, help to coordinate solar projects pre-homeowner.
- Assist PM and Outreach team with tasks related to new construction partners and owners.
This list is meant to be representative, not exhaustive. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Basic understanding of residential photovoltaic systems.
- Ultra-organized with demonstrated success in juggling multiple demands.
- Good communication skills (written and verbal).
- High computer literacy including Microsoft programs.
- Ability to learn and retain new concepts and technology quickly.
- Comfort working as part of a team in a hard-working, informal, high-growth organization.
- Position may require occasional work outside standard business hours and/or on weekends.
- Solar Installation, Design or Admin experience
- Completion of Solar PV specific coursework
- Familiarity with database software (GRID currently uses SalesForce) and Google Sketchup
- Passionate advocate for renewable energy, affordable housing, and/or environment/environmental justice work.
- Bilingual Spanish-English
How to Apply:
Submit resume and cover letter at www.gridalternatives.org/jobs . Click on the Bay Area Solar Corps Development Associate link. Please do not email or call GRID Alternatives.
S1171 Ocean Ave, Oakland, California, 94608, United States