LEED Certification Associate – Washington DC
Organization: U.S. Green Building Council
Position Title: LEED Certification Associate
Location: Washington DC
Hours & Compensation: Full-time. Salary unspecified
Application Deadline: none specified
The Council is the nation’s foremost coalition of leaders from across the building industry working to promote buildings that are environmentally responsible, profitable and healthy places to live and work.
GBCI is currently seeking a personable, detail-oriented and highly organized professional to provide administrative support to the certification team. The certification team at GBCI is responsible for LEED certification and the advancement of the LEED rating systems.
The LEED Certification Associate will provide efficient and comprehensive administrative support to the certification team at GBCI. This includes data entry and processing, customer service and support, and administration of shared technology resources such as LEED Online. The associate will work closely with LEED reviewers to facilitate the best possible customer experience for LEED project teams throughout all aspects of their engagement with GBCI.
- Serve as the primary point-of-contact for one or more LEED review teams, responding to inquiries related to certification reviews and policies, post-application customer service, weekly review capacity, and current review queues
- Administer GBCI’s customized LEED project tracking software, including data entry, database updates, report generation, and workflow tracking
- Monitor weekly certification metrics, staff review team and QC assignments, and external review team and QC assignments
- Perform administrative duties for specific LEED rating systems and programs, as necessary
- Schedule, coordinate and manage recurring calls and/or meetings with external review teams, project teams, or GBCI Certification Staff; Record and distribute meeting minutes in a timely manner
- Deliver top-quality phone and email customer support
Related Responsibilities may include:
- Perform quality control (QC) review of work done by external review teams
- Review project documentation to determine compliance with LEED requirements
- Assist in conceiving and developing improvements to LEED and the certification review process
- Tabulate/analyze certification metrics and prepare reports
- Prepare training materials and/or reviewer resources with subject matter experts
- Liaise with the GBCI Technical Customer Service Team, providing technical and process-related support as necessary
- Ship and receive packages, track all related data
- Other duties as assigned
Related Organizational Goals and Objectives Include:
- Support GBCI’s mission to become the premier organization independently recognizing excellence in green building performance and practice globally
- Encourage and accelerate global adoption of green building practices through LEED standards, tools and performance criteria
- Offer a comprehensive portfolio of programs including technical tools and services supporting LEED products to meet the diverse needs of the building industry
- Provide technical expertise to other departments in the organization
- Streamline LEED certification processes and procedures among consultants and committees
- Commitment to USGBC mission
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a field of study related to one or more of the following specialties:
- Architecture (architecture, landscape architecture, interior design)
- Engineering (mechanical, civil, structural)
- Planning (urban/transportation/environmental planning, urban design)
- Building Operations (facility management, property management)
- Environmental Science (ecology, biology, environmental management)
- Minimum 1 year relevant professional experience working in an office environment.
- LEED Green Associate required (at time of hire or within one year of hire), LEED AP with Specialty preferred
- Proficiency and experience with MS Office required (advanced Excel skills preferred)
- Experience with TIBCO Spotfire, Tableau, or SQL scripts a plus
Other Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Passion and commitment to USGBC mission
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Energetic, detail-oriented and able to prioritize
- Excellent judgment, analytical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Willingness to self-initiate
- Strong sense of personal responsibility and accountability for delivering high quality work
- Ability to work well both independently and on teams
How to Apply:
- Email or fax your resume and a letter of interest to our human resources department.
- Note the title of the position you are applying for and your salary requirements.
- Submit files as PDFs or Word documents.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax 202-478-5046
- No phone calls, please