Rural Volunteerism Fellow – Beckley, WV
Organization: Appalachian Coal Country Team
Position Title: Rural Volunteerism Fellow
Location: Beckley, West Virginia
Hours & Compensation: Full-time. Stipend is $24,000 a year, Eligible for Health insurance, $5,550 education award upon completion of 12 month fellowship
Application Deadline: July 19, 2013
The Appalachian Coal Country Team in Beckley, West Virginia seeks a dedicated driven individual for the position of Rural Volunteerism Fellow to help support community organizations in Appalachia. This position will be responsible for training organizations and facilitating learning between communities in the seven states that the Team serves (PA, OH, MD, WV, VA, KY, and TN) but will have a strong research focus on West Virginia and Western Pennsylvania. Utilizing training curricula developed specifically for small rural organizations, the Fellow will facilitate participant-driven trainings to help organizations strengthen their volunteer programs. Additionally, the Fellow will oversee a pilot learning exchange initiative where organizations can network with each other and travel to sites in the region to learn about innovative volunteer programs and projects.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree Required
- At least 1 to 2 years’ experience in community based non-profit work
- Experience in volunteer recruitment and management
- Strong writing and research skills
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Willingness to travel—and must have a clean driving history
- Excellent presentation skills
- Experience teaching or training
- Agree to a background check
How to Apply:
Qualified applicants should send a resume and cover letter to April Trent by July 22, 2013. Applicants should submit the following in their application:
- Cover letter
- Resume with three references
- Nonfiction writing sample (2 -3 pages please)
All application materials should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, July 19.
Questions may be directed to Erica Dunbar, Office Manager by email at email@example.com.
No phone calls please.