Program Coordinator (US Climate and Energy) – Austin, TX
Organization: Environmental Defense Fund (EDF)
Position Title: Program Coordinator (US Climate and Energy)
Location: Austin, TX
Hours & Compensation: Full-time. Salary not specified.
Application Deadline: none specified
With world attention focused on both the environment and the economy,Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. This leading green group, with programs from Boston to Beijing, has tripled in size over the past decade by focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches. You can be part of a vibrant workplace that welcomes diverse perspectives, talents and contributions, where innovation and a focus on results are a way of life.
Environmental Defense Fund’s distinctive approach to environmental protection emphasizes a focus on scientific and economic disciplines and on the use of market mechanisms to reach well-crafted, durable solutions. The organization builds teams of scientists, lawyers, and economists to investigate the causes of environmental problems as well as the market forces and government policies that encourage and subsidize patterns of environmental damage. Environmental Defense Fund seeks practical solutions, founded on science, that policy makers and industry can be urged to incorporate into practice, law, or regulation.
The Program Coordinator will be a key team member in the US Climate and Energy team, reporting to the Program Financial Analyst and working closely with the Project Directors and Managers. The Program Coordinator will provide budget and financial-reporting support for the program and its projects, as well as administrative support for key staff and initiatives. Reports to US Climate & Energy Program Financial Analyst
- Assist with the preparation of US Climate and Energy Program annual budget: works with program financial analyst, program management, finance staff and development staff to develop annual budget submission.
- Assist with the development and preparation of project budget proposals and financial reports: works with program management, program staff, finance staff and development staff to develop new project budget proposals submitted outside the annual budget.
- Assist with the US Climate and Energy Program monthly forecasting of expenses as they relate to the various project budgets and donor funding.
- Organize data and create clear and accurate presentations, including spreadsheets, graphics and accurate, insightful summary material.
- Apply excellent organizational, communication, and planning skills in preparing correspondence and reports, responding to requests for information, and helping to coordinate activities and projects among staff members.
- Facilitate contracts and grants for consultants, including assistance in writing and signing contracts, working with the Accounting Department to ensure payments of contracts and with consultants to ensure the obligations of contracts are fulfilled.
- Manage the administrative tasks associated with staff, consultants and interns, including logistics, office and telecommunication as needed.
- Assist with training of new administrative staff to the US Climate and Energy program.
- Assist with the planning and facilitation of meetings, conferences and workshops as needed.
- A Bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of four years relevant office experience in business administration, or public administration.
- Finance and accounting experience preferred.
- Knowledge of nonprofit accounting and fundraising practices.
- Detail-oriented ability to work with financial data, spot trends and ensure accuracy.
- Creativity, energy, and the ability to get work done under pressure.
- Excellent management and administration skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint.
- Presence, confidence and integrity.
- Ability and willingness to work as a strong team player, while at the same time able to work independently and as a self-starter.
- An understanding of and commitment to Environmental Defense Fund’s mission of protecting the natural environment and limiting humankind’s impact on the planet.
How to Apply:
Due to the volume of employment applications and queries received, EDF is unable to respond to each application individually. Applicants will be contacted directly if selected as a candidate.
Environmental Defense Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, and the physically challenged are encouraged to apply.