Program Manager, Natural Gas – Boston, MA
Organization: Consortium for Energy Efficiency
Position Title: Program Manager, Natural Gas
Location: Boston, MA
Hours & Compensation: Full-time. Salary commensurate with skills and experience. CEE offers a competitive benefits package.
Application Deadline: August 8, 2013
The Consortium for Energy Efficiency (CEE), a nonprofit public benefits corporation, develops national initiatives to promote the manufacture and purchase of energy-efficient products and services. Our goal is to induce lasting structural and behavioral changes in the marketplace, resulting in the increased adoption of energy-efficient technologies.
In today’s restructured utility market, some states are continuing with utility administration of energy-efficiency programs; other states are designating public agencies for this work. CEE serves the needs of both, providing a forum for the exchange of information and ideas.
CEE members include utilities, statewide and regional market transformation administrators, environmental groups, research organizations and state energy offices. Also contributing to the collaborative process are CEE partners – manufacturers, retailers and government agencies. The U.S. Department of Energy and Environmental Protection Agency both provide support through active participation as well as funding.
CEE is seeking an enthusiastic individual to join the Natural Gas Sector team as a Program Manager. Reporting to the Senior Program Manager, Natural Gas, as part of a three-person team, the Program Manager is responsible for researching technologies, analyzing market trends, and facilitating engagement between energy efficiency programs in order to support growth of a robust natural gas energy efficiency program industry. This person will be expected to lead a committee of energy efficiency program managers seeking to achieve more natural gas savings in the market.
- Facilitate regular committee meetings of utility, government, advocate and other stakeholders via teleconference, in-person, and virtual extranet platform, including developing agendas and facilitate committee meetings.
- Build consensus among CEE members and other stakeholders on approaches to accelerate market acceptance of energy efficient products and services.
- Recruit organizations to incorporate recommended approaches into their local programs
- Write professional papers, initiative descriptions, program guides and meeting notes.
- Monitor relevant technology, market, policy, and other industry developments
- Build alliances with key market players (e.g. manufacturers, distributors, associations, etc.).
- Recommend strategies for affecting national markets for space and water heating products
- Assess current market conditions and energy savings opportunities
- Analyze savings potential and synthesize experiences into recommendations for member programs or consideration
We seek candidates with an excellent grasp of engineering concepts, a flair for creative strategic thinking, a passion for energy efficiency and an aptitude for understanding market structures and untapped market value. The ideal candidate will also be versed in aspects of group facilitation and consensus building, as they will work collaboratively with other CEE sector staff. Candidates who have knowledge of the HVAC or plumbing industry, and who possess a desire for continuous improvement are sought.
To be considered for this position, candidates should meet the following criteria:
- A graduate degree in a discipline such as business, engineering, economics, or environmental studies, or, equivalent experience in a relevant field, for example, a BA or BS plus graduate coursework, an honors thesis, or significant applicable employment experience
- Ability to understand market motivations and dynamics
- Ability to analyze and synthesize quantitative information for different audiences
- Excellent written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate individuals of varied experience levels and personalities to achieve consensus
- Ability to manage workload across multiple projects, manage project timelines, and to work independently
- Excellent skills with Microsoft Office software
- Willingness to travel (approximately one trip quarterly)
How to Apply:
Complete applications will be reviewed upon receipt. Complete applications include the following:
- Cover letter summarizing the candidate’s qualifications as they relate to CEE and this position, including a description of how prior experience and skills prepare the candidate to fulfill the job responsibilities detailed above
- Writing sample (5 pages maximum) that demonstrates analytical reasoning skills and ability to communicate technical concepts or analysis to a nontechnical audience
Please send application materials via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org the job title and your name in the subject line, for example, Program Manager, Gas Sector—John Smith. The deadline to apply for this position is August 8, 2013.