IMT Intern – Washington DC
Organization: Institute for Market Transformation
Position Title: IMT Intern
Location: Washington DC
Hours & Compensation: Full-time, 3-6 months. Paid.
Application Deadline: none listed.
For 15 years, the Institute for Market Transformation (IMT) has been a leader in increasing the recognition between energy performance, energy costs, and property value. Buildings account for 40% of United States and global greenhouse gas emissions. While we currently have the tools to increase the energy efficiency of buildings, policy and building codes are not currently effective in much of the US and the world.
IMT is dedicated to the promotion of energy efficiency, green building and environmental protection in the United States and abroad. Our activities include technical and market research, educational outreach, and the crafting of building codes and other policy and program initiatives. Much of IMT’s work addresses market failures that inhibit investment in efficiency and green buildings. IMT is a 501(c)(3) non-profit based in Washington, DC.
The Institute for Market Transformation (IMT) is seeking a smart, self-motivated intern to work with our energy efficiency finance team. The internship is expected to start in August or September 2013 and will last from three to six months. This internship is full-time, but will consider strong candidates on a part-time basis. For more information about IMT and our program work, visit http://imt.org/.
- Conduct research on innovative finance structures
- Analyze data using spreadsheets
- Assist team in outreach to stakeholders in commercial real estate community
- Assist with build-out program area page on IMT website
- Conduct some administrative tasks such as taking meeting minutes and drafting summary reports
- Advanced undergraduate or graduate student with experience in finance, real estate, economics, data analysis, or related field
- Ability to perform self-directed research
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Interest in energy efficiency, green buildings, and preventing climate change
How to Apply:
Please email resume, cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.