Web Content Intern – Washington DC
Organization: American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy (ACEEE)
Position Title: Web Content Intern
Location: Washington DC
Hours & Compensation: Local applicants preferred as this internship will be for fall 2013. The internship will require a time commitment of 20 hours/week. Paid.
Application Deadline: none listed.
The American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy (ACEEE), a leading national nonprofit research organization based in Washington, D.C., is offering a paid internship in its communications department.
ACEEE seeks a part-time intern to assist with website data entry for the organization. The internship will be an excellent opportunity for those interested in communications at a nonprofit organization with a focus on energy and environmental issues. The successful candidate will receive some training on Drupal, a web-based content management system, as necessary.
- Copy energy efficiency related content to the website
- Format content in HTML as needed
- Perform other web-related tasks
- Format images for use on the web
- Possess or are working towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in English, journalism, or a related field
- Experience with HTML strongly preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required
- Self-motivated with the ability to manage multiple assignments (as needed), work efficiently, and meet deadlines
How to Apply:
Please send a resume with cover letter and brief (1-2 pages) writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use “Web Intern” in the subject header. We do not accept calls about our internships.