Green Light New Orleans Goal Intern – New Orleans, LA
Organization: Green Light New Orleans
Position Title: Green Light New Orleans Goal Intern
Location: New Orleans, LA
Hours & Compensation: Monthly compensation per intern will be a $400 stipend. The position and stipend require that each intern commit at least 10 full days per month in collaboration with a partnering intern or volunteer. Each intern MUST HAVE A CAR and will be reimbursed for fuel used to accomplish intern duties.
Application Deadline: none specified
Green Light New Orleans‘ mission is to invest energy in people and assist New Orleans residents face to face, one household at a time. Our volunteers install free energy efficient light bulbs to demonstrate that a mass movement of individual actions creates a significant impact on our environment and community. Green Light New Orleans connects residents to relevant, local opportunities and encourages individual actions so that everyone can benefit from a vibrant, resilient, and sustainable community.
Green Light New Orleans, a community-based, environmental non-profit, is looking for 4 interns to start as early as August 2013. The position is a paid internship. Positions expectations are detailed below.
Interns will be working to implement the primary goal of the organization — reduce energy consumption and environmental pollution by facilitating the installation of free energy efficient lighting for residents throughout Orleans Parish. Interns will be paired to create two-person outreach teams. Each intern will be required to commit to 10 full days per month. Internship duration will be determined via a monthly performance evaluation and maximum internship duration is 6 months. This position has the potential to become a part-time staff position at Green Light New Orleans dependent on the outcomes of each individual’s work and the capacity requirements of the organization at the end of the internship.
Intern responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Install energy efficient lighting for residents to meet monthly energy reduction goals. - Drive to meet residents at their homes.
- Communicate and engage with residents to increase energy efficiency outcomes.
- Conduct outreach to increase community impact. (May include: canvassing, attending neighborhood meetings, recruiting volunteers, etc.)
- Respect all community members without discrimination.
- Execute duties with effective practices and thoughtful awareness.
- Document all work and keep detailed records of tasks completed.
- Be proactive in task execution from start to finish.
- Must be committed to the mission of Green Light New Orleans
- Must be committed to community service and environmental sustainability
- Must be hardworking and committed to achieving significant organizational and personal goals
- Must be a good verbal communicator and able to engage in proactive conversation
- Must be able to learn and implement from constructive feedback
- Must be able to reflect upon and assess task quality
- Must collaborate well in pairs and partnerships
- Must pay close attention to detail
How to Apply:
If you are interested in applying for this position, please respond by sending a cover letter and resume to Bernie January, Program Manager, by email b.january AT greenlightneworleans.org.
Green Light New Orleans will be interviewing potential candidates on a first-come basis. Positions may start as soon as August 2013.