Communications Intern – Cambridge, MA
Organization: EcoLogic Development Fund
Position Title: Communications Intern
Location: Cambridge, MA
Hours & Compensation: 15 hours/wk; unpaid
Application Deadline: none, rotating position
EcoLogic advances conservation of critical natural resources in areas of Mexico and Central America by promoting sustainable livelihoods and by strengthening community participation in natural resource management. In collaboration with local groups, EcoLogic protects forests and water resources by strengthening sustainable livelihoods, facilitating payment for ecosystem services opportunities, and supporting community self-determination. EcoLogic’s work over the past 17 years has positioned us to help some of the world’s most vulnerable communities become leaders in the battle against climate change.
The Communications Officer looks to the Communications Intern for help drafting original content for online and print publications and media outlets, and researching specific subject matter related to our areas of specialization. This is a rotating position and applicants are welcome at any time.
This is an unpaid internship. We request a commitment of at least 15 hours per week (ideally visiting the office twice per week). We have experience with local universities in the provision of credit for the successful completion of internships.
- Prepare drafts of specific articles for the website, e-newsletter, print newsletter, annual report, and other publications.
- Research on specific topics delivered in an organized fromat, providing clear information and citing sources.
- Help file, sort, and label EcoLogic photos and images, to create a more user-friendly system of photo storage.
- Assist with mailings, events and other tasks as needed.
- 3rd or 4th year undergraduate student
- Some work or volunteer experience, preferably in a nonprofit or international setting.
- Proficiency with Windows OS, MS Office, and Google Docs.
- Experience in communications, journalism, public relations, and/or environmental conservation a plus.
- A critical thinker with the ability to follow direction and work independently.
- Desire to learn, grow, and become a better researcher and writer.
- Spanish language ability valuable but not necessary.
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter that includes current contact information, your resume with detailed work experience and education, and a writing sample (blog posts, articles, or topically relevant materials on environmental subjects, indigenous peoples, or Latin America, preferred) to firstname.lastname@example.org.