Climate Action Fellowship – San Francisco, CA
Organization: Business Council on Climate Change (BC3)
Position Title: Climate Action Fellow
Location: San Francisco, CA
Hours & Compensation: This position is unpaid, fellows are expected to work 4 days (32 hours) per week, and typical commitments last 12 weeks. Flexibility around work hours and start/end dates may be possible for qualified applicants.
Application Deadline: August 19, 2013
The Business Council on Climate Change (BC3) is a coalition of San Francisco organizations dedicated to forging collaborative, local solutions to climate change. We work together—across businesses, across government agencies, and across economic sectors—to secure a vibrant future for our city and our planet.
We are looking for a fellow to help us tell the BC3 story, drive our projects forward, and provide day-to-day to support to the Executive Director. As a small organization, BC3 depends on fellows who are entrepreneurial, creative, and excited about taking on substantive responsibilities. Strong communication skills are also a must.
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual with a passion for climate solutions and an interest in interacting with Bay Area sustainability leaders. Most BC3 fellows have had success finding full-time Bay Area employment following their fellowships.
- Establish BC3 as a thought leader on the interaction between cities, sustainability, and business, by producing quality content for the BC3 blog, growing BC3′s social media presence, and assisting with media outreach.
- Grow and support the BC3 community by planning and managing member events.
- Advance BC3′s programmatic efforts by facilitating the implementation of member-led climate action projects.
- Improve BC3 operations by providing day-to-day administrative support.
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Proven ability to develop and/or manage complex projects
- Social media and online organizing experience
- Video and/or graphics experience preferred
- Knowledge of climate change, sustainable cities, and sustainable business issues
- Unshakeable positivity
How to Apply:
Please send a resume, cover letter, and writing sample to email@example.com. The writing sample should take the form of a brief (300 word) blog post on a topic of your choosing. Applications accepted until 08/19/13. Start date flexible but no later than 09/16/13.