Environmental Protection Specialist I – Annapolis, MD
Organization: Aarcher, Inc.
Position Title: Environmental Protection Specialist I
Location: Annapolis, MD
Hours & Compensation: Full-time. Aarcher offers a competitive, market-based salary commensurate with experience and position responsibilities, a positive and entrepreneurial work environment, and an excellent benefits package including health, savings, and educational benefits.
Application Deadline: none specified
Aarcher, Inc. is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm founded in 1997 to provide environmental services to government and commercial clients nationwide. Aarcher’s headquarters in Annapolis, Maryland, has an immediate, full-time position vacancy for an in-office Environmental Protection Specialist I to support ongoing consulting work.
Typical project assignments include Phase I Environment Site Assessments and NEPA categorical exclusion evaluations, but other projects may include NEPA EA/EIS, multimedia environmental compliance audits, SPCC and SWPP plan preparation.
This is an excellent opportunity with solid growth potential for an energetic professional to take on a significant challenge within a proven consulting firm.
- Perform data review and online research relating to project sites
- Travel to project sites to perform inspections. local travel, as well as multi-day long distance trips, is required
- Prepare well-documented and carefully written reports
- Participate individually and as part of project teams for environmental projects and other tasks throughout company
- Continually seek opportunities to add value to company projects and to build personal capabilities consistent with company and client needs
- 1 year of professional work experience (2+ preferred)
- Completed Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in environmental science, hydrology, chemistry, or other relevant science)
- Strong social skills, positive attitude, and strong work ethic
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Internet Explorer
- Organized and detail oriented
- Eagerness for self-study and learning
Additional Preferred Skills/Experience
- ASTM E1527-05 Phase I environmental site assessments
- FCC NEPA regulations impacting telecommunications facilities
- SPCC/SWPPP plan development and compliance
- Environmental compliance auditing
- Experience with Federal contracting and Federal environmental programs
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter in email form and attach a résumé to email@example.com.