Local and Regional Options for Energy and Climate Change Resiliency- Vassar College
Organization: Cornell Cooperative Extension
Event Title: CCE Conference: Local and Regional Options for Energy and Climate Change Resiliency
Date, Time, & Location: Friday, September 13, 2013, 8:00 am – 4:00pm at Vassar College, Villard Room, Poughkeepsie, NY.
Bard CEP Alumna Libby Murphy will be speaking at this conference.
The conference responds to the growing interest in energy and climate change resiliency with a particular focus on local and regional based solutions. We will explore complementary local and state goals for communities that are approaching resiliency through energy innovations and as climate smart communities. The event will highlight energy education resources, foster community-based energy planning and decision-making, stimulate strategic thinking about various options, and will motivate communities to take actions.
The conference is intended for local municipal and elected officials, planners, environment and conservation advisory council members, planning board members, Cooperative Extension educators, community leaders, and consultants who work with municipalities on these issues.
Attending this forum may qualify towards four hours of New York State-required municipal training credit. Certificates will be available at the end of the session.
For Registration via Eventbrite: http://energyclimateresiliency.eventbrite.com/. Registration fee: $25/person, includes breakfast and lunch.
For a map to the conference location, including the Vassar College North Parking Lot and Main Building, see: http://info.vassar.edu/visit/map.html .
For more information
- On the conference, contact Zywia Wojnar, Environment and Energy Program, Cornell Cooperative Extension Dutchess County, (t) 845-677-8223 x130; email@example.com
- On Cornell Cooperative Extension’s work on energy and climate change issues, visit: http://cardi.cornell.edu/cals/devsoc/outreach/cardi/programs/energy.cfm
- Cornell Community and Regional Development Institute (CaRDI)
- Community and Energy Program Work Team
- Cornell Cooperative Extension’s Statewide Energy and Climate Change Team
- Cornell Cooperative Extension Dutchess County
- Vassar College, Environmental Studies Program
Cornell Cooperative Extension (CCE) provides equal program and employment opportunities. This program is funded by Smith Lever dollars for the Community and Energy Program Work Team at Cornell University. The programs provided by CCE Dutchess County are funded by monies received from the County of Dutchess and other entities. Please contact CCEDC if you have any special needs.