Operations Manager- Northampton, MA
Organization: Center for EcoTechnology
Position Title: Operations Manager- Green Business Services
Location: Northampton, MA
Hours and Compensation: This is a full-time salaried position with benefits located in our Northampton office. Statewide travel, and evening and weekend work may be needed. CET is an equal opportunity employer.
Application Deadline: not given
Our Director of Green Business Services needs a dedicated and experienced partner to run our growing non-profit, mission-driven enterprise. This position is responsible for managing all operations for our Green Business consulting service which provides energy efficiency, recycling, and composting technical assistance to a diverse set of customers state-wide and beyond. This is a new position created to help achieve aggressive growth goals. The Director will be focused on the growth of the business while the Operations Manager will deliver on the agreed-upon scopes of work. Using business management experience, this position is responsible for all day-to-day operations including sales, technical assistance, budget, customer service, and administration. The position reports to the Director of Green Business and is based in the Florence office.
Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned to meet business needs):
Operations and Contract Management
• Responsible for all contracted services; managing staff and resources to successfully complete changing deliverables on-time and on-budget for each individual project and for the department as a whole
• Understand and deliver the full scope of work for all programs and deliverables
• Propose and implement changes to the Green Business department that will improve the effectiveness of sales and for technical assistance provided
• Work with Green Business Support Manager and marketing team to develop outreach and marketing strategies (Web, press releases, and materials) as well as to coordinate data collection and report writing
• Participate in proposal writing to obtain future opportunities
• Contribute to departmental and project budgeting process and manage agreed upon budgets
• Represent the organization and business unit in business groups and at community events
• Responsible for selecting new staff within the department and replacing staff as needed
• Ensure all staff members are properly trained, equipped, and supported to complete their job responsibilities
• Strategize with Green Business Specialists on customer interactions and project progress
• Provide guidance and support to field staff and/or sales staff in identifying and closing on cross-selling and upselling opportunities
• Provide technical assistance or support when needed to Green Business Specialists, or directly to business customers
• Foster a positive and productive work environment for the Green Business Services department
• Manage Green Business Specialists and ensure performance expectations are met through annual reviews and ongoing feedback
Education and Experience Requirements
• College degree in related field
• Minimum 5 years of business operations management, and supervisory experience
• Minimum 2 years of sales and energy efficiency experience
• Minimum 1 year of commercial energy efficiency work preferred
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Organized and flexible manager who thrives in an entrepreneurial, mission-driven culture with multiple customers and contracts. Must set clear goals, create a team environment, and inspire others to work toward outcomes.
• Excellent communication skills (written, phone, email, in-person)
• Good computer skills (spreadsheets, word processing, CRM software – esp. Salesforce)
• Strong commitment to non-profit mission of the Center for EcoTechnology
• Work-style – entrepreneurial, problem-solving, flexible, creative, self-directed, organized, professional, and driven.
• Attention to detail and results oriented
• Maintain strict privacy of any confidential personnel, fiscal, customer and internal organizational information for which access is required in order to perform assigned duties.
How to Apply
Submit cover letter and resume with salary requirements via email (email@example.com) to:
Amanda Bates, HR Assistant
112 Elm Street
Pittsfield, MA 01201