Regional Director, Southwest Conservation Corps- Tucson, AZ
Organization: Southwest Conservation Corps
Position Title: Regional Director
Location: Tucson, AZ
Hours and Compensation: Salary: Starting $38,000 – $42,000, depending on experience
Status: Full-time, Exempt
Application Deadline: The position is open until filled.
Manage and oversee all programs and operations of the region through a coordinated and collaborative structure. The main focus of the Regional Director is to create and maintain highly effective operational programming. The Regional Director also develops and sustains project partnerships including traditional public land management agencies and urban municipal agencies as well as funding sources to ensure the success of the Corps’ mission. Each SCC regional office falls under the business systems, quality expectations and management authority of SCC, but most programmatic and operational decisions are made within SCC based on local/regional needs and opportunities.
- Identify and develop annual objectives to sustain and enhance the outcomes of SCC’s mission.
- Collaborate with other regional directors and the Executive Director of SCC in developing strategy for programmatic and financial sustainability.
- Demonstrate and lead on high program quality for positive member experience and exceptional project accomplishments.
- Supervise the regional Program Director and other program staff depending on structure.
- Ensure that all staff members are following business and operational support protocols of SCC.
- Organize staff to meet the needs of the regional programs understanding the different models that exist (Veterans, Back Country, Urban) and new emerging models to meet the needs of partnering agencies.
- Oversee the professional development of regional staff.
- Serve as the primary contact with the SCC Support Office for operational matters.
- Develop and maintain project partner relationships with an aim toward sustainability and leveraging to new project opportunities
- Oversee project agreements/task orders, database, pre-site visits, creation of project specifications, evaluation system and project scheduling.
- Provide project completion data to support invoicing.
- Ensure an emphasis on safety in all programming and follow practices consistent with risk management protocols set forth by SCC.
- Oversee Workers Compensation programs, claims and OSHA reporting.
- Prepare and submit an annual regional budget with assistance from Executive Director as a part of the SCC budgets
- Maintain regional systems to ensure responsible spending and financial reporting by all staff members
- Review financial reports and monitor regional expenses to ensure responsible budget management.
- Assist Executive Director in developing and or sustaining partnerships to maintain adequate revenue streams to support programming.
- Assure the Corps vision, programs and services are consistently presented in a strong, positive image in region.
- Enhance SCC visibility in the region
- Minimum of 5 years of senior leadership experience in non-profit organizations/corps operations.
- Minimum 5 years of recent Corps or youth development organization experience.
- Flexibility, adaptability and capacity to work in a fluid, changing work environment.
- The ability to interact credibly and diplomatically with the Board; all levels in the Corps organization and the external community – tailoring communication effectively for different groups and stakeholders.
- An open, inclusive, team-oriented work style and ability to collaborate with Senior Leadership team at all locations.
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- Valid Arizona driver’s license, insurable driving record and acceptable background check
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office Suite applications and ability to manage information in an organizational database.
How to Apply
Please let the employer know that you are responding to the environmental job posting in EcoEmploy.com