Training Program Manager, MEEA- Chicago, IL
Organization: Midwest Energy Efficiency Alliance (MEEA)
Position Title: Training Program Manager
Location: MEEA’s office is located in Chicago in the Lyric Opera Building.
20 N. Wacker Dr., Suite 1301, Chicago, Illinois, 60606, United States
Hours and Compensation: full-time. The compensation for this position will be commensurate with experience.
Application Deadline: close of business Friday, October 4
The Midwest Energy Efficiency Alliance (MEEA) is a regional non-profit organization based in Chicago with a mission to advance energy efficiency in the Midwest to support sustainable economic development and environmental preservation. MEEA is committed to be a collective voice for energy efficiency at a national, regional and state level; acts as a clearinghouse to identify, evaluate and create successful programs and market assessments for the region; and fosters communication on effective energy policy.
The Training Program Manager will manage MEEA’s local, state and regional commercial building energy efficiency initiatives while expanding program offerings, increasing program success and serving under the direction of the Director of Programs. The focus of the Program Manager’s work will be management and expansion of Building Operator Certification® (BOC) and Practical Energy Management® (PEM), as well as other programs as assigned.
The Training Program Manager will supervise programming staff, provide guidance and expertise to MEEA team members, engage in outreach to a variety of program partners and key stakeholders and strategize to expand and improve upon current program offerings. The Program Manager will work collaboratively with the entire MEEA team, program partners, key stakeholders and funders. He/she will present on MEEA’s programs throughout the region, represent MEEA at various industry meetings and maintain and foster existing relationships throughout the energy efficiency community to advance the work of the Midwest Energy Efficiency Alliance.
- Manage all aspects of MEEA’s flagship Building Operator Certification (BOC) program, a nationally-recognized energy efficiency training and certification program for building operations staff, offered by over 50 Midwest utilities and state energy offices in nine Midwest states
- Deliver seamless daily leadership and direction through oversight of all program administration, supervise a team of up to 3 staff and effectively manage over 30 program trainers and numerous program partners
- Design and implement program marketing strategies, cultivate new utility relationships and manage diverse funding sources including training revenues and utility, federal and state grants
- Expand programming to increase participation and certification
- Launch MEEA’s program presence in new states by identifying and managing relationships with electric and gas utilities, state energy offices, colleges and universities, trade associations and local program implementers
- Effectively manage annual program budget of approximately $800,000 and provide detailed financial reports to program funders, federal and state grantors, MEEA’s Program Director, Executive Director and Board of Directors
- Work in partnership with Director of Programs to diversify program budgets through proposals, grant writing and outreach
- Represent MEEA and speak at industry conferences and events to promote energy savings associated with utility sponsored efficiency programs and improved facility operations & maintenance strategies
- Manage and/or staff initiatives and projects as assigned
- Work collaboratively with Programs, Finance, Policy, Membership and all MEEA team members to advance energy efficiency throughout the region, grow membership and serve as a resource and expert
- Serve as a positive and proactive team member to take initiative to accomplish competing priorities and initiatives to meet deadlines and objectives
The successful candidate must possess the following qualifications:
- Minimum 4-6 years of experience in program development/management and/or training (energy efficiency program or commercial building operations experience preferred)
- B.A. or B.S., advanced degree preferred
- CEM, PE, LEED AP or related certification a plus
- Results oriented management expertise including strategic planning and communication skills
- Strong facilitation, outreach and coalition building skills amongst diverse stakeholders
- Excellent organizational, writing, communication and public speaking skills, including grant proposal and report development
- Strong budget management skills
- Ability to take initiative as well as work collaboratively in a team environment
- Project management skills including an ability to manage/prioritize multiple initiatives, responsibilities and personalities simultaneously with diplomacy and professionalism
- Ability to adapt to shifting priorities creatively and with enthusiasm
- Demonstrated leadership ability, staff management and development expertise and a positive team orientation
- Ability to travel to manage and promote MEEA programs
How to Apply
Submit cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with Subject: Training Manager by close of business Friday, October 4. Candidates who do not submit all three items will not be considered. Candidates considered for interviews will be asked to provide writing samples and three references. No phone calls please.
MEEA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination with regard to race, sex, color, age, religion, creed, class, sexual orientation, national origin and disability.