Senior Training Program Associate, MEEA- Chicago, IL
Organization: Midwest Energy Efficiency Alliance (MEEA)
Position Title: Training Program Associate/Senior Training Program Associate
Location: MEEA’s office is located in Chicago in the Civic Opera Building.
20 N. Wacker Dr., Suite 1301, Chicago, Illinois, 60606, United States
Hours and Compensation: Full-time. The compensation for this position will be commensurate with experience. MEEA is an equal opportunity employer.
Application Deadline: close of business Friday, October 4
The Midwest Energy Efficiency Alliance (MEEA) is a regional non-profit organization based in Chicago with a mission to advance energy efficiency in the Midwest to support sustainable economic development and environmental preservation. MEEA is a collective voice for energy efficiency at a national, regional and state level; acts as a clearinghouse to identify, evaluate and create successful programs and market assessments for the region; and, fosters communication on effective EE policy.
The Program Associate will work under the supervision of the Training Programs Manager to support MEEA education and training programming specifically Building Operator Certification (BOC) throughout thirteen Midwestern states.
- Support all aspects of MEEA’s flagship BOC program, a nationally-recognized energy efficiency training and certification program for building operations staff, offered by over 50 Midwest utilities and state energy offices in nine Midwest states
- Serve as a contact for inquiries about programs/training and assist individuals/program partners with the registration process.
- Monitor online registration system/procedures and ensure onsite coordinators and instructors are scheduled, have current curriculum materials and comply with program requirements.
- Complete a variety of program administration tasks including but not limited to: order books and program materials; create project folders for students; send copies of exams, answer sheets, PowerPoint presentations, and evaluations to coordinators and instructors.
- Assist with program promotional efforts as needed. This may include print and on-line marketing, developing and compiling target lists for direct program promotion and remote and in person contact with prospective participants and program partners.
- Engage in some travel to classes to observe and provide presentations on MEEA and the BOC program including maintaining certification.
- Assist with program and grant management including preparation of program progress reports, required financial backup, monthly and/or quarterly financial reports, reimbursement requests, and invoices as required by grant and program sponsor agreements.
- Monitor program expenses. Review expenses to ensure compliance with grant and program sponsor agreements. Work closely with the Accounting team to submit invoices for payment and monitor expenses incurred from BOC series on Programs credit card.
- Other duties may be assigned to support the ongoing development of sustainable, long-term education and training programming including expansion efforts throughout MEEA’s thirteen state footprint.
- Support MEEA marketing efforts through outreach presentations, creating content and updating program information, supporting web and social media campaigns
- Assist with MEEA’s annual conference and member meeting, as needed.
- Maintain the BOC regional e-mailing list. Use this list to send out periodic BOC Updates.
- Assist with the development of a regional marketing plan.
- Assist with new program initiatives, special projects, etc. as assigned.
- B.A. or B.S. degree, training or certification in energy efficiency or building science a plus.
- Minimum of one to two years related work experience in a professional environment (energy efficiency or training experience preferred).
- Experience in administrative or professional support capacity preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and proven experience in public speaking and interacting with clients and sponsors.
- Superior project management and organizational skills including an ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines while prioritizing competing responsibilities.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of self-sufficiency and initiative while also functioning as a member of a team in a small-office environment.
- Outgoing, energetic team player willing to take initiative.
- Computer literate with database management and Microsoft Office suite experience. Experience in website updating and content management a plus.
How to Apply
Submit cover letter, resume and salary requirements by Friday, October 4 via email to:
- firstname.lastname@example.org, Subject “Training Program Associate“
- Candidates who do not submit all three items will not be considered. Candidates considered for interviews will be asked to provide writing samples and three references.