Senior Program Manager- Portland, Oregon
Organization: The Climate Trust
Position Title: Senior Program Manager
Location: 65 SW Yamhill Street, Suite 400, Portland, Oregon, 97204, United States
Hours and Compensation: full-time, professional
Application Deadline: this position is open until filled
The Climate Trust is a mission-driven nonprofit that specializes in climate solutions for governments, utilities, and large businesses. We provide carbon credits, customized voluntary climate programs, and climate consulting services. We apply this market experience to the development of sound climate policy. Our focus on quality ensures the integrity of both the carbon market and the environment.
Join an established environmental non-profit organization and help contribute to solving climate change, one of the most complex and challenging issues of our generation. This position, based in Portland, Oregon, is responsible for supporting The Climate Trust’s carbon acquisitions efforts by identifying, evaluating, and negotiating to secure projects that enhance our growing carbon offset portfolio. The position involves managing teams, clients, and vendors, and it requires an individual with project evaluation and commercialization expertise as well as strong interpersonal skills.
- Play a central role in managing origination, terms negotiation, technical review, approvals and contract negotiations of carbon offset projects
- Manage acquisition client relationships as directed and ensure technical, financial, and market resources are used to support the fulfillment of client initiatives
- Support Director of Programs and Vice President of Business Development on carbon acquisition and sale proposal development and contracting process
- Guide technical evaluation and lead the preparation and presentation of desirable offset projects for internal and client approval
- Participate in the management of tracking and reporting of the Trust’s carbon project pipeline
- Contribute to the creation and execution of project deliverables by developing scopes of work and budgets, performing technical analysis and managing client relations as directed
- A minimum of 5 years of project evaluation, and relationship management experience
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to develop financial pro forma’s
- Experience negotiating, updating, and managing purchase agreements
- The ability to work effectively with a diverse number of stakeholders including project developers, and third party verifiers and to deftly assess the impact of technical concepts on potential and contracted commercial transactions
- Proven track record of working in a team environment as well as independently to produce high quality deliverables under tight timelines and constrained budgets
- Knowledge of carbon markets, project financing and emerging climate change policies
- High degree of comfort with new technical concepts, and ability to assess project risks against future uncertainties
- Experience working under pressure and adapting to changing priorities
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. This position is open until filled.
Please note: Due to the volume of submissions, The Climate Trust may be unable to respond personally to all applicants. We will notify you if you have been selected for an interview.
Thank you for your interest in this position and in The Climate Trust.