National Outreach Coordinator- Washington DC
Organization: National Wildlife Federation Headquarters
Position Title: National Outreach Coordinator
Location: Washington, District of Columbia, 20004, United States
Hours and Compensation: full-time
Application Deadline: not given
Are you wild with ambition? Does the desire to achieve come naturally for you? Then you’re a perfect fit for The National Wildlife Federation. As the nation’s largest member-supported conservation organization, which is at the forefront of global warming issues, reconnecting our children with nature, and protecting America’s wildlife and habitat, we’re offering you every advantage to reach beyond your potential. You’ll excel in your role and accomplish goals that you can proudly stand behind, all while helping others move forward in their careers. Join us today and share more than your passion for wildlife. Share our mission to make a difference in the world.
NWF is currently seeking a National Outreach Coordinator. The National Outreach Coordinator works to build a powerful movement of conservation leaders and activists to support NWF’s campaigns with a focus on confronting climate change and safeguarding wildlife and wildlife habitat from the impacts of a warming world.
- Organizes and coordinates outreach campaigns with NWF’s key constituencies of conservationists and grasstops sportspeople.
- Helps the campaign to quantify success by tracking grassroots contacts and engagement in the campaign
- Works with program staff to prepare monthly metrics to evaluate the progress towards campaign goals and assist with writing funding proposals and grant reports.
Online Campaign Marketing
- Assists in strategizing and implementing online campaigns
- Collaborate with online team members to maximize field potential for blogging and social media
- Organizes and mobilizes key grasstops constituents to educate their elected officials using a variety of tactics including but not limited to: sign-on letters; indirect lobby visits and fly-in lobby days, where activists come to Washington, DC to meet with decision makers.
- Coordinates organizational and coalition events including: rallies, hearings, tele-pressers, webinars, Google hangouts, and phone banks.
- Maintains list serves; maintains records and reporting systems;
- Schedules and organizes meetings and conference calls.
- Arranges travel and handles expense reimbursements.
- Writes and develops outreach materials, distributes various materials.
- Works with program and communication staff to develop and write campaign materials such as fact sheets, reports, and brochures
- Bachelor’s degree with course work or work experience in environmental policy or other related field preferred.
- Minimum of two years experience or equivalent campaign or advocacy experience.
- Experience working on a campaign, grassroots organizing or advocating for an issue.
- Experience using social media tools.
- Excellent organizational, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work on a team and also follow through on assigned tasks independently.
- Good multi-tasking and time management skills; ability to meet deadlines; ability to meet unanticipated needs.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; willingness to master NWF’s activist and Congressional database software and systems.
- HTML, Photoshop, and/or Web Content Management experience a plus!
How to Apply
Interested candidates should apply online via http://www.nwf.org/How-to-Help/Jobs-at-NWF.aspx.
National Wildlife Federation is America’s largest conservation organization, passionate about protecting wildlife for our children’s future. NWF is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.