India Intiative Energy Policy Analyst, NRDC- San Fransisco, CA
Organization: Natural Resource Defense Council
Position Title: India Initiative Energy Policy Analyst/Scientist
Location: 111 Sutter Street, 20th Floor, San Francisco, California, 94104, United States
Hours and Compensation: full-time, managerial
Application Deadline: not given
NRDC uses law, science, and the support of more than one million members and online activists nationwide to protect the planet’s wildlife and wild places, and to ensure a safe and healthy environment for all living things. In addition to our New York headquarters, we have offices in Washington, San Francisco, and Santa Monica.
We work to restore the integrity of the elements that sustain life–air, land and water–and to defend endangered natural places. NRDC affirms the integral place of human beings in the environment. We strive to protect nature in ways that advance the long-term welfare of present and future generations.
We work to foster the fundamental right of all people to have a voice in decisions that affect their environment. We seek to break down the pattern of disproportionate environmental burdens borne by people of color and others who face social or economic inequities. Ultimately, NRDC strives to help create a new way of life for humankind, one that can be sustained indefinitely without fouling or depleting the resources that support all life on Earth.
NRDC seeks an energy policy analyst/scientist for its India initiative to work in its San Francisco office. The position would play an active role in advancing work in India on climate change and clean energy. It involves research, investigation, and analysis of various elements of the India initiative’s work, and actively leads our energy and efficiency project areas in India. The position will include advocacy, project management, and fundraising.
The position would work on the efficiency element of the initiative’s work. The position would also provide research and analysis on the other core elements of the India initiative: increasing US-India cooperation on climate change and clean energy, implementing appliance efficiency and developing vulnerability assessments and adaptation plans for climate-change induced public health impacts and possibly exploring new activities on green jobs for rural women’s groups.
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Technical or scientific graduate degree in energy field (energy, engineering, environmental policy)
- Excellent research, writing and analysis skills
- 3-5 years of experience in energy/environmental or other advocacy work in India
- Substantive knowledge of energy issues, including building energy efficiency codes, appliance efficiency, utilities, climate change, and relevant policy issues such as low carbon fuel standards
- Knowledge of the Indian political system, economic structures, and socio-cultural landscape, and a network of professional contacts in India
- A native speaker of Hindi with proficiency in one or more additional Indian languages is preferred
- Experience with a variety of implementation tools including communications, legislative and government outreach, and partner coordination
- Proven track record with fund-raising and project management
- Ability to travel internationally and work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and work well under pressure
How to Apply
To apply, please visit www.nrdc.org/jobs and upload your resume and cover letter. No phone calls or faxes please. Please reference where you saw this posting. NRDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you are having technical difficulty while applying, please reach out to Customer Care by dialing 1-866-803-9663.
For further information about NRDC, please visit www.nrdc.org