Deputy Campaigns Director-San Francisco or Washington DC
Organization: Greenpeace USA
Position Title: Deputy Campaigns Director
Location: San Francisco or Washington DC
Hours and Compensation: Full time
Greenpeace USA values a healthy work-life balance and has flexible, family-friendly employment policies. Our competitive benefits package for full-time employees includes medical, dental, and vision coverage with low contributions from staff. We have options for pre-tax flexible spending accounts for medical and dependent care costs. Greenpeace employees enjoy generous 401K matching and time off for vacation, sick, personal, and parental leave. After five years, staff are eligible for a paid sabbatical. To encourage public transportation use and biking, we offer subsidies for staff that choose to bike or ride mass transit to work. Greenpeace is committed to the growth and development of staff and fostering a creative workplace culture. For more information, check out our benefits plan.
Application Deadline: not given
Greenpeace is looking for a creative, strategic and dynamic leader to serve as our Deputy Campaigns Director. The Deputy should be an experienced professional with years of experience running and winning campaigns. The Deputy should be ready to step in to help lead the fight on some of the most critical environmental issues of our time– climate change, protecting our oceans and forests and eliminating toxic chemicals.
The Deputy Campaigns Director will help manage an innovative, daring and winning campaign environment. The Deputy will help further our current and future campaigns through strategic guidance to campaign teams and practical oversight of the implementation of campaign plans.
In collaboration with the Campaigns Director, the Deputy Campaigns Director will direct a diverse and talented team of 30 across 5 locations nationally. This person will help ensure our cutting edge approach and tried and true campaign techniques continue to align with organizational goals and changing environmental needs.
The Deputy Campaigns Director reports to the Campaign Director and will work closely with the senior Greenpeace team to develop an integrated program to win campaigns, engage supporters and build the organization’s support base in light of the organization’s tactical and strategic objectives.
- Campaign Design– Support cross program campaign teams to create ambitious, high impact, well researched, campaigns. Campaign strategies should lend themselves to our theory of change – campaigns that use the power of people and have the courage to confront politicians and corporations.
- Building Power – Support the growth and maintenance of the organization’s relationships with activists, corporate and government decision-makers, coalition partners, reporters, bloggers, and other key influencers.
- Program Leadership – As a member of the Program Management Team, oversee the development of the organization’s program and help ensure its successfully implementation.
- Program Monitoring, Reporting and Evaluation – Support cross program campaign teams to deliver on agreed monitoring, evaluation and reporting requirements.
- Financial Management – Oversee preparation of annual budget for the department, hold budget holders accountable for their budgets and insist that they are careful with organizational resources.
- Staff Management – Manage Campaign Department Staff as agreed by the Campaigns Director.
- Other: Perform other job-related duties as requested, including acting as Campaigns Director in the Campaigns Directors absence.
- Proven successful experience in planning, running and winning major national and/or international campaigns, including experience with strategy formulation, campaign design, corporate campaigns, political strategy, lobbying or negotiation, with a minimum of 10 years experience in this arena.
- Experience managing and leading in a matrixed organization.
- Effective negotiation skills in a national environment.
- Experience in non-profit financial management.
- Understanding of global environmental issues and commitment to global perspective.
- Media savvy.
- Experience with and commitment to cultural diversity.
- Negotiation skills.
- Crisis management, clear decision-making ability.
- Languages: Excellent spoken and written English. Fluency in Spanish preferred.
How to Apply
Please send cover letter, including where you heard of this position, and resume to email@example.com . Please use the email subject line: Deputy Campaigns Director – YOUR NAME. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.